New To You Food Products

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I thought this would be a fun thread to start.

It can be anything fresh, frozen, jarred, canned, spices .. whatever - as long as it's
something you consume in one way or another.

I finally found the yogurt that Peeps has been having for breakfast (thanks Peeps, just had it for dinner. Love it!)

And this Bertolli pasta sauce.

I was looking for Victoria that Jimmy used but they were out?

Let's have fun with this!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
20201116_172457.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I thought this would be a fun thread to start.

It can be anything fresh, frozen, jarred, canned, spices .. whatever - as long as it's
something you consume in one way or another.

I finally found the yogurt that Peeps has been having for breakfast (thanks Peeps, just had it for dinner. Love it!)

And this Bertolli pasta sauce.

I was looking for Victoria that Jimmy used but they were out?

Let's have fun with this!
I love the Victoria Vodka sauce. I was buying it at Walmart for a long time, but they quit stocking it. I think it's restaurant quality.
I can find it on Amazon, but you have to buy a bunch of it...too pricey for me.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I recently tried the cauliflower tots that Q-Sis recommended. I really liked those.

These are new to me and really good too:
Frito Lay Munchies Snack Mix Cheese Fix, in single serve packets
They're a mixture of Doritos, Cheetos, Sun chips, and Rold Gold pretzels.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I love the Victoria Vodka sauce. I was buying it at Walmart for a long time, but they quit stocking it. I think it's restaurant quality.
I can find it on Amazon, but you have to buy a bunch of it...too pricey for me.
The Victoria sauce space was there with the pricey tab on the shelf, they were just out for now, so I settled for the Bertolli because I believe it's newer.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I just remembered something else. My Walmart grocery pickup is very good about giving out goodie bags with all kinds of samples and coupons. Last time I picked up groceries, I received a goodie bag with some free samples of Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce k-cups. Those k-cups are fantastic. I thought I was going to buy a bunch of them. I really, really love them. But, oh my gosh are they pricey. I'll probably buy some for the holidays, but they won't be my regular k-cup for everyday.

There was a sample of bottled coconut water in there too. I thought that was pretty gross, just way too sweet for me. It might be good for young kids who don't need a lot of sugar. Young kids usually like sweet drinks.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'm with you there on the coconut water, Cooksie.
It's just not my thing, but I have friends who love it.
I'm a big K-cup user of all brands. I'll look for those in the stores.
I recently bought Eight O'Clock dark roast and loved it.
Right now I'm on Green Mountain dark.

Ironman

🍺
Head Country Original is my favorite. Reminds me - have to order more HC rub and sauce.

Lee
That was one of the sauces that I really noticed.
I’m still learning about smoking and the thing I realized was - there are a TON of different rubs, and a TON of different sauces. Like all those beers at the liquor store. I just want a Miller. ? I think I’m gonna stick with head country. I have some Meat Church Holy something I have to try yet.

And this is another new hot sauce to me that I really love. Scorpion peppers and orange juice instead of water. Funny name but I love it. Serious heat.

27531884-D6BC-40B4-9BF8-3E141C386FBE.jpeg

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I just remembered something else. My Walmart grocery pickup is very good about giving out goodie bags with all kinds of samples and coupons. Last time I picked up groceries, I received a goodie bag with some free samples of Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce k-cups. Those k-cups are fantastic. I thought I was going to buy a bunch of them. I really, really love them. But, oh my gosh are they pricey. I'll probably buy some for the holidays, but they won't be my regular k-cup for everyday.

There was a sample of bottled coconut water in there too. I thought that was pretty gross, just way too sweet for me. It might be good for young kids who don't need a lot of sugar. Young kids usually like sweet drinks.
I used the coconut water to make the Vietnamese Caramel Fish recipe from Milk Street. It was so good. I agree it was too sweet by itself.
20200718_193302.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Two more:

Lipton Green Tea Oange Passionfutit Jasmine tea bags. I really like these. I've only used them for hot tea but will be trying them for iced tea too.

Bigelow Chamomile Vanilla and Honey Herbal Tea bags....did not like at all :(.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Then this.
Birds Eye have a new line of side dishes, one other I noticed was a broccoli bake and a buffalo or bbq cauliflower "wing" dish.

I'll be making this as a side with a nice steak in the near future.

20201206_060127.jpg

Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Then this.
Birds Eye have a new line of side dishes, one other I noticed was a broccoli bake and a buffalo or bbq cauliflower "wing" dish.

View attachment 39613
The Creamy Spinach Bake looks like something I'd really like.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Then this.

View attachment 39613
Bought one of the creamy spinach bakes, we'll see

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
This coffee. ❤
I've seen it before but figured it was just one of those back shelf coffees.
Omg.
Delicious for it being a kcup drip coffee.
It's dark which I like.
It doesn't taste harsh or burnt like some dark roasts do.
I'm sold.

20210102_172323.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Kind Nut Clusters, Dark Chocolate Nuts & Sea Salt
Really good
Had some last night in vanilla yogurt, loved it.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
This coffee. ❤
I've seen it before but figured it was just one of those back shelf coffees.
Omg.
Delicious for it being a kcup drip coffee.
It's dark which I like.
It doesn't taste harsh or burnt like some dark roasts do.
I'm sold.

View attachment 40092
My mom used this back in the 60's. She used one of these drip funnels over a mug. She loved it.

coffee_funnel.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter

Chaparro's Chicken Tamales

I was surprised. These are very good. The filling is just a little on the spicy side but not too spicy for me. I've always had smaller Mexican tamales. These are a lot bigger. I take out however many I want, put them in the steamer, frozen, for about 25 minutes.