New To You Food Products

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Snatched these right up today, for when I feel snacky.

20210303_174338.jpg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
We tried these last night for the first time. Cooked them in the oven. They were a bit rubbery. I have another package. Maybe if I pan fry in a small amount of oil.

nuggets.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
We tried these last night for the first time. Cooked them in the oven. They were a bit rubbery. I have another package. Maybe if I pan fry in a small amount of oil.
Peeps, I've bought those before and found the chicken under the breading to look spongy and yes, ok- but not overly great.
I like Tyson's stuff because it's breast meat. Try the kids ones sometime, I'm not kidding. They may have the cutesy dinosaur shapes but they're delicious! Lol

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
This is the rice and quinoa mix that I made tonight.
Minute makes it.
New to me.
There are some pretty good suggestions on the back of the box.
I have 3 packets left and look forward to experimenting in the future.

20210429_190937.jpg
20210429_191108.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, Cooksie, your post reminded me to post about the delicious cinnamon herbal tea that a friend introduced me to.

It has no caffeine and no calories, but tastes sweet. Very cinnamon-y!

Lee

P.S. Sass, have you tried that Sweet Baby Ray's chicken dipping sauce yet? Sounds interesting to this condiment collector.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
P.S. Sass, have you tried that Sweet Baby Ray's chicken dipping sauce yet? Sounds interesting to this condiment collector.
Yep.
It's good.
I've used it to dip both nuggets and strips, and to baste chicken drumsticks and thighs.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I have used la Abuela ready to cook flour tortillas for many years. They were out of stock the other day, so I had to buy some Tortilla Land ready to cook flour tortillas. I really like these. They seem to puff up better, which means lighter layers. The first ones puffed up a little better than this one.

Ironman

🍺
I have used la Abuela ready to cook flour tortillas for many years. They were out of stock the other day, so I had to buy some Tortilla Land ready to cook flour tortillas. I really like these. They seem to puff up better, which means lighter layers. The first ones puffed up a little better than this one.

Do you have any good recipes to go with those tortillas posted, Cooksie? :wink:

I’m waiting for chocolate stuffed marshmallows to show up. We have a bonfire every weekend and this would make s’mores easier.

Attachments

• F9A4FAEC-8FA0-402E-A414-C108D1AC036A.png
    F9A4FAEC-8FA0-402E-A414-C108D1AC036A.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 76

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

We don't have those around here. :(

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
No recipes.
I used John Soules chicken fajita meat and some sauteed onions, cheese, and sour cream. I guess I made some kind of quesadillas.
I've yet to try that chicken meat.
I always buy the Tyson grilled and ready strips for stir fry.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
New to me, Trader Joe's Instant coffee. It's very good. Nice and strong. I don't usually have instant coffee, but I figured if I didn't like it, I could return it. I will buy it again.

tj-instant-coffee.jpg

tj_instant_coffee_071921_IMG_8277.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I looked at that umami seasoning, but I have SO many seasonings and condiments, I resisted!

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter
but I have SO many seasonings and condiments, I resisted!
What intrigued me about it was the powdered porcini mushrooms in the blend.
Peeps, haven't you used powdered porcinis before?