Lazy Cooking

Shermie

Site Supporter
Looking for some easy aka Lazy cooking meals.

Easy to put together and a quick fix.

Any ideas? Sure hope so.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Last summer, I made a big foil pan of potato salad. It took me 2 days to do it because the amount that I had to make bummed me out & i just ran out of gas & had to keep on stopping until it was done!! I will never make that amount again because it took so long!! :eek: Here it is!! I was so out of gas from making this much!! It required more than 5lbs of potatoes!! I was exhausted just from making it!! It was for a cookout at one of my nieces' house. Her, her husband & the kids. :eek:
Potato Salad..JPG

Last edited:

Ironman

🍺
I guess I would do a frozen pizza. I have a Pizzaz pizza maker thing that spins around and does a decent job.

PB&J or Bologna sandwich. Oscar Mayer sandwich spread was my fav but they stopped making that for some reason.

Or a can of soup.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I guess I would do a frozen pizza. I have a Pizzaz pizza maker thing that spins around and does a decent job.

PB&J or Bologna sandwich. Oscar Mayer sandwich spread was my fav but they stopped making that for some reason.

Or a can of soup.

One thing that I'll NEVER do again in life is to make a big dinner!! Like I used to do years ago. From beginning to end, it requires tons of work!!! You have to prep all or most of the food, get it on the stove, & or in the oven. The cleanup would involve making room in the fridge for all that stuff that you cooked, washing the dishes, along with the pots & pans, then clean the stove & the kitchen. By that time, you're exhausted, pooped, worn out & done for!! No, thanks. Too much work for me!!!! Lazy cooking is, by that time, the perfect thing to do!!!! :whistling:

Ironman

🍺
When we do big cooks, like Easter, Xmas, B-days or Thanksgiving, I have a helper (and a boss) in the kitchen that helps tremendously on those occasions.

Shermie

Site Supporter
When we do big cooks, like Easter, Xmas, B-days or Thanksgiving, I have a helper (and a boss) in the kitchen that helps tremendously on those occasions.
Nowadays, I just offer to make something, or get it from the store & bring it over. Saves me a bundle from making a big dinner!! Lots of work saved & only 1 or 2 things to make or bring over from the store. Smart!!!! :whistling:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Soup and grilled cheese.
Good prepared foods matched with an equally good sidekick.

I like to find recipes that are easy and will get at least a day of leftovers if not three.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
You know the sort of thing. You want something nice to eat but have run out of steam.
Not to the extent you’d order takeout but it’s close.

Expended all my cooking energies at lunch time on making garlic bread and Kha Gai soup. I’ve nothing left in the tank.

The idea of a ready meal makes your stomach turn so you go for your easy assembly quick fix hit.

Post it here, might be steak baguette, sausage and mash, jacket potato. You wouldn’t declare you ‘cooked‘ it but at the same time you did manage to get the ingredients on a plate 😆

These assemblies are always handy to have in the bank for those tired days. :whistling:

Nothing like straight up plagiarism is there @Shermie ? :whistling::unsure::cautious:

Last edited:

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
I sure understand Shermie. I have a lot of home made, & Easy prepare
Items in my freezer. Enjoying everyones Plates here, I break down and
cook a real meal.
tonight- I steamed a Polish, and bun- BLT Salad & a coke.

41823 polsal.jpg