Good day thread

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Side/secondary roads are bad. They only plowed my street once. I need to pick DD up at 6pm. I'm not looking forward to that.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Good day everyone. EVERYTHING is covered in a thick sheet of ice. It's still snowing. :(

2-19-2021.JPG

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'm glad all the snow and cold temps are behind us for a while.
Now the big melt will be a mess.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I experienced something with this winter storm that I have never, ever experienced before in any house that I have ever lived in. It's called ice damming. I didn't even understand what had happened until I saw it on the news. Somehow the water from the ice melting on the roof gets into the soffits and water gets routed into the inside of the house. I was lucky that it was only slight in the sunroom where there is tile and windows, no sheetrock. The news said that it's more likely to happen when you have gutter guards, which I do.

The large sheets of ice/snow sliding off the roof is pretty unnerving too. I haven't done a walk around outside yet, but I'm sure hoping that it hasn't damaged shingles or gutters ?.

I'm just glad that we're almost through with all of this.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Good day everyone. It will be warmer today. And even warmer tomorrow. Hopefully winter is coming to an end.

2-23-2021.JPG

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Good day everyone. Very cold today.

On my way to go prep Good Friday dinner.

Have a great day.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Good day everyone. It's 30F feels like 23F.

Today I will hopefully be boiling and coloring eggs, making meat pie, cheesecake and prepping what I can for tomorrow.
I would like to pick up some cannoli for dessert tonight if possible.
Have a great day all.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Since the weather has been nice, I've been outside quite a bit. I've seen two of these roadrunners come through my yard. They just run around like they're looking for something and then just take off. Maybe they're looking for Wiley Coyote since we have lots of coyotes :corny:. Coyotes kill outside cats and small dogs, so I hope the roadrunners catch them.

They're pretty - Greater Roadrunner:
1617642173984.png

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Since the weather has been nice, I've been outside quite a bit. I've seen two of these roadrunners come through my yard. They just run around like they're looking for something and then just take off. Maybe they're looking for Wiley Coyote since we have lots of coyotes :corny:. Coyotes kill outside cats and small dogs, so I hope the roadrunners catch them.

They're pretty - Greater Roadrunner:
View attachment 41756
I think they're adorable ?

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Seems like we're in for some severe thunder storms, hail, and and high winds...eek:glare:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Good day everyone.

Yesterday was 85F! Today is forecast to be 63F.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Peeps and others.

I've been quiet on the forum for the last few days because I'm worried about my oldest son Jeff.
He recently underwent tests for a heart flutter/arrhythmia.
No blockage at all.
Stress test concluded that his ejection fraction is at 30.
That's low and is very concerning.
I've been a wreck.
Understanding a bit about it, I know there isn't a whole lot they can do about it, aside from advising changes in diet and lifestyle in general.
He seems fine and is going back to the cardiologist, then has an appointment for a second opinion.
I've known people who have the same number/ and lower, who lead a normal life.
It's also possible that just because it was at 30, it could very well be higher at another time.
He was told that he could have possibly have had a silent heart attack at some point in his life.

So I haven't been much in the mood for cooking or posting.

Keep him in your thoughts and prayers please.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks guys.
We just had lunch together at the Mexican place.
Quite honestly you'd never know there was anything wrong.
Mama Bear made sure he ate healthy ?
He's watching sodium, calories and is taking up riding his bike again, the indoor exercise bike.
I was discussing the findings with him and further discussed it with my RN/ER trauma nurse friend Angela. His EF is closer to 38, which is certainly better than 30.
Thank you.