Favorite Steak

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Grilling season has arrived pretty much everywhere in the northern hemisphere by now. And this crew has always seemed partial to cooking outdoors when we can.

So what is your absolute favorite steak for the grill, and how do you prepare it?

K

Kimchee

T-bone. Rare to medium rare. Just a bit of seasoned butter on each side before grilling.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
New York Strip, medium to medium well, and like Kimchee seasoned butter on each side.

Jim

smoke king

Banned
Ribeye, no question. And I have tried every combination of rubs, marinades etc, but I prefer it with just salt and pepper, and while its "resting", a pat of compound butter (usually garlic)

And when I am eating it, its straight Horseradish. Man this is making me hungry......

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Hands down it would have to be ribeye! Most of the time just salt and pepper but sometimes I like to marinade it in Low-sodium Dales.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Ribeye with Salt and Pepper, grilled over hot coals, 4 minutes a side for Medium Rare. Served with mushrooms sauteed in butter and red wine.

Johnny West

I love porterhouse but my all time favorite is ribeye.

tomorrow it’s filet mignon. I’m debating using bacon and will make several toppings…