Does anyone use an Electric Roaster?

SilverSage

Resident Crone
My problem witth the roaster is the size. It holds a huge turkey, which is why I bought it. Years ago I used to host big family holiday dinners, and it freed up my oven for other things. Now, for a holiday, Judy and I will have duck breast or split a cornish hen, or maybe a filet. Not exactly something to put in a big roaster.

Plus, these days, I have 2 regular ovens, plus a Breville Smart Oven, and an Anova Precision oven (steam). With 4 ovens available, I really don't need the roaster.

I really need to start cooking again.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My problem witth the roaster is the size. It holds a huge turkey, which is why I bought it. Years ago I used to host big family holiday dinners, and it freed up my oven for other things. Now, for a holiday, Judy and I will have duck breast or split a cornish hen, or maybe a filet. Not exactly something to put in a big roaster.

Plus, these days, I have 2 regular ovens, plus a Breville Smart Oven, and an Anova Precision oven (steam). With 4 ovens available, I really don't need the roaster.

I really need to start cooking again.

Kathy, I may have asked you this before, but how do you like the Anova? Does it do sous vide? I doubt I could justify the price when I am perfectly fine with what I have, but I'm curious about it.

Lee