COVID test...

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Man. I got tested last Sept. All I got was watery eyes from them poking something way way up my nose. :bonk:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I got tested in Sept., as well. They just went in about an inch and same yesterday. The parting gifts were a surprise.
John, I've been tested so many times I've lost count.
Right now we're down to every Monday and Wednesday. For a while it was every Mon-Wed-Fri.
I've gotten to the point where I know if a test is going to be - or + with the rapid returns.
One minute into placing the swab into the cartridge, if the green line is followed by a wide pink smear, it's usually negative.
The bridge of my nose is a wreck from the n95 sponge grip. ?

Johnny West

I got my second shot this morning. It was supposed to be the 15th but they cancelled due to lack of staff. it was a little sore right after the shot but seems fine now.

Johnny West

We got the Clear App for the Jan. 1st hockey game. Nancy had her covid notifications on on her cell and last notified someone sitting by us tested positive for covid. Today we go get tested. I feel fine and have no symptoms but will get tested to please her.… again.

Johnny West

Well, this sucks. I tested positive and she didn’t. I’ve had a headache all day as well as two other symptoms but taste and smell are fine. I’ll lay low for ten days or so and get tested again. She is going in again tomorrow to get tested.

I’ve had three shots, too, and have been good about wearing the mask around folks.

Last edited:

Ironman

🍺
Well, this sucks. I tested positive and she didn’t. I’ve had a headache all day as well as two other symptoms but taste and smell is fine. I’ll lay low for ten days or so and get tested again. She is going in again tomorrow to get tested.

I’ve had three shots, too, and have been good about wearing the mask around folks.
Hang tough Brother, I’m sure you will be fine. Keep hydrated. Gatorade.
The new variant doesn’t care how many shots you’ve had. Mask or no mask doesn’t matter. My state is up there… The tighter the lockdowns, the higher infection rate it seems.
I'm on day 6 in isolation. Just like a mild cold and nothing more. I’m craving chinese food for some reason :yankchain:

6AFBCDC5-F633-4E3D-8DAE-2D328507D57F.jpeg

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good luck Johnny. Hope it's the Omnicron ..Delta is still out there. My brother has it. No fun at all.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
We have 6 residents in our covid unit now.
They've all been vaccinated.
I'm working there on Sunday.
Good Lord.
😔
I'll add that they've all been fairly recent admissions for rehab who did not test positive prior to admission.
Doesn't matter.
We NEED TO STOP taking new admissions, but it's like talking to the walls.

Johnny West

Nancy has been sick for over two weeks. She did a home test and was positive so yesterday went to the county health test site and got a rapid test which came back positive, then took her back for an APR test. They called her last night and said it was positive and said to isolate 5 days so we are home for five days. We have lots of food, wine, and ammo so are set but wish I bought some more hamburger and hotdog buns. I feel fine - she can taste and smell but feels like she has a bad cold.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
We have lots of food, wine, and ammo so are set but wish I bought some more hamburger and hotdog buns. I feel fine - she can taste and smell but feels like she has a bad cold.
You can probably get some groceries delivered.

I hate that for you two.

Johnny West

Pierce County Public Health called again last night to see how Nancy was doing and asked twenty questions. They asked about me in passing. I’ll stay in till Wed., then have some things I need to do.