COVID-19

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
^^^^^ ?

OHIO — Today, Wednesday, June 2, serves as a milestone on the hardship road that is the COVID-19 pandemic. At midnight on Tuesday, the Ohio Department of Health and Governor Mike DeWine’s administration lifted all orders pertaining to masks, social distancing, and capacity limits, indoors and out.
During a recent address, DeWine lauded the efforts of all Ohioans, saying residents showed “grit, determination, and such great compassion” in the face of the pandemic, and the efforts on the part of the ODH and the State to curb its spread. He then announced the lifting of orders supporters deemed necessary, and opponents — including many members of Ohio’s General Assembly — described as draconian.
“The tide of this pandemic is finally turning in our favor,” DeWine said. “It’s time to end the health orders. It’s been a year. You’ve followed the protocols. You’ve done what we’ve asked you to do. You’ve bravely fought this virus.”
While the orders are now lifted in general, some restrictions remain in place. Long term care and assisted living facilities are still subject to pared down mandates. Additionally, Ohio businesses and schools may still require masks for some, if not all.
A key component to when and how private and public businesses and agencies might implement orders of their own is what medical professionals have described as the single greatest weapon against the virus: vaccination.
That scientific belief wasn’t lost on DeWine. In announcing the lifting of the orders, he emphasized the need for vaccinations, a sentiment Putnam County Health Commissioner Kim Rieman echoed.
“The mandates are lifted, the social distancing and the masking mandate,” she said on Tuesday. “However, CDC guidance is still that unvaccinated people should wear a mask. People need to evaluate who they’re going to be around, and their own vaccination status, and make the decision that best protects them and their loved ones.”
When the vaccine first arrived in Putnam County just before Christmas of last year, Rieman said county residents’ lined up for inoculation, creating wait lists, and the need for mass vaccination clinics. Now, she said, those numbers have dwindled. Once in the top five in the State for percentage of population vaccinated, Putnam County has since fallen into the bottom third.
“Putnam County, like a lot of other counties in Ohio, is seeing a slow down,” Rieman said. “We are really wanting to keep up what we were doing, because we know there are a lot of individuals out there who could receive the vaccine who are just choosing not to.”
Although clearly an advocate for vaccination, Rieman said there are purely selfish reasons why everyone should pursue vaccination.
” One of the things we want to make clear, even though the mask mandate is lifted — along with social distancing and occupancy limits — the thing that does still stand is if you are in contact with a confirmed case of COVID, the quarantine will still be implemented. We don’t want people to think there’s no need to do this anymore, and that there’s no need to get vaccinated. There still is a very important need to get vaccinated. If someone comes in contact with a confirmed case, they will still have to quarantine for those ten days. Unless they’re vaccinated. If they are vaccinated, they can continue doing what they’ve been doing, unless they show symptoms.”
Rieman asserted the quarantine mandate is in effect for all unvaccinated individuals, even those who have already contracted the virus.
“Even though we’ve been living with this for a year, this is still a relatively new virus,” Rieman said. “We just don’t know enough at this point. We can’t take chances.”

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
We now have 14 residents testing positive for covid.
After all this time.
They've all been fully vaccinated.
We now have a covid ward set up on our 300 wing.
I'll be there on Saturday working.
Makes you wonder if this vaccine is even working for some.
Apparently it isn't.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We now have 14 residents testing positive for covid.
After all this time.
They've all been fully vaccinated.
We now have a covid ward set up on our 300 wing.
I'll be there on Saturday working.
Makes you wonder if this vaccine is even working for some.
Apparently it isn't.

Oh, wow, Sass! That's scary for you!

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, wow, Sass! That's scary for you!

Lee
Not scary at all.
Just wondering how this happened but I think I know how it happened.
We let our guard down too soon, and the vaccine doesn't work for every person.
Then we get admissions.. yeah that's brilliant.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
My Cousin Shirley in Hanover Pa. got infected with it at the beginning of
December..... She was hospitalized until the first week of January, and was still miserable for a couple
of weeks after that...... Last week of April, she caught it again...... no hospital this time, as
she had some immunity built up from the first experience....... but it drained her quickly,
and an "infusion" treatment didn't really do much to reduce the Symptoms.... now, her
hair is thinning out .......but she has lost the congestion, and is feeling stronger......... Shirley is 79 ........

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
12 of our residents and 5 staff members have tested positive for covid.
After all this time... again.
This variant is different for sure, in that it comes on fast and spreads very quickly.
Makes you wonder if this is EVER going to end.
By the way, mostly all were vaxxed and boosted.
😡

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
12 of our residents and 5 staff members have tested positive for covid.
After all this time... again.
This variant is different for sure, in that it comes on fast and spreads very quickly.
Makes you wonder if this is EVER going to end.
By the way, mostly all were vaxxed and boosted.
😡

Geez! You okay?

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I feel people are taking this too lightly. Because they don't want to be inconvenienced with masks and other precautions. JMHO
Every new admission we've been getting are immediately quarantined.
That has never stopped since the pandemic began.
Now we're back to n95's and goggles.
I see many people out and about still in masks everywhere.
I do know some staff members who went to a large outdoor concert here recently and the county fair is on.
Crowds.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
So far.
I tested myself last night and then again this morning before my shift was over.
Negx2_762308301689029.jpeg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We're now at 22 residents on our new covid unit.
3 more nurses have tested positive.
I've picked up 3 shifts to help out.
Tomorrow night I'll be on the unit.
It's been a busy day helping get all this in order.
Hazard pay too.

Keeping good thoughts for you, Lora!

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
The entire north side of the building where I work have all the residents now covid positive.
That's 28 residents.
My son Ty tested positive too yesterday.
He's feeling pretty rough, but said Mom, this feels like a really bad head cold.
I told him to lay off the Winstons and to rest a lot.
He lost his childhood friend MJ to covid last year.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
The worst part of this is the damn lingering headache and fatigue.
No temp today at all.
No sign of any sort of congestion.
Hopefully this is as bad as it's going to get.
I'm on quarantine until the end of the week.
I'll test again mid-week.