COVID-19

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Thanks for the update, Sass. I don't even know what to say except that I'm very sorry the residents, care givers, and staff are having to go through this.

I don't think I have ever experienced anything like this in my whole life.

Sass Muffin

#coffeefreak
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the update, Sass. I don't even know what to say except that I'm very sorry the residents, care givers, and staff are having to go through this.

I don't think I have ever experienced anything like this in my whole life.

Thank you.
I've never experienced anything like this before either.

Sass Muffin

#coffeefreak
Gold Site Supporter
Any updates, Sass?

Yes.
We're losing 1-2 people every day, or sending them to the university hospital in Toledo.
Many are still in the hospital.
I'm hoping this comes to an end soon.

I should be getting the results of my 5th test by Saturday.
Thankfully I am off until Monday, which is my holiday to work.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Yes.
We're losing 1-2 people every day, or sending them to the university hospital in Toledo.
Many are still in the hospital.
I'm hoping this comes to an end soon.

I should be getting the results of my 5th test by Saturday.
Thankfully I am off until Monday, which is my holiday to work.

You certainly deserve a break, so I'm glad that you have some time off to decompress. I know they tell you that you shouldn't get attached to the residents, but that's pretty hard to do when you care for them on a daily basis. I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through right now. My heart goes out to you.

I hope this comes to an end soon too.

Sass Muffin

#coffeefreak
Gold Site Supporter
You certainly deserve a break, so I'm glad that you have some time off to decompress. I know they tell you that you shouldn't get attached to the residents, but that's pretty hard to do when you care for them on a daily basis. I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through right now. My heart goes out to you.

I hope this comes to an end soon too.

They are just like family.
As you know, I've lost a lot of loved ones prematurely.
I think right now my heart and mind are going to that place that says : No. No. No.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
I was just informed that my 5th covid test came back negative.
:thumbup:

Sorry you’ve had to take so many tests but happy for your results.

I won’t say be safe because I know thats exactly what you’re doing.

Jim

Sass Muffin

#coffeefreak
Gold Site Supporter
Update.
As of August 24th we have lost 18 of our residents to SARS-CoV2 or complications of.
Things seem to be slowing way down, thank God.
Right now we have 7 active cases, all are asymptomatic.

Two are more than likely not going to make it.
They are back with us from university hospital and on hospice after a very long battle.

We are continuing testing now for staff every Monday Wednesday and Friday until we get no more positives.
After 7 times testing, I've been negative.
This includes the rapid return test that involves swabbing and solution droplets- which takes 15 minutes for a result.

There is a sense of relief that can be felt.
Certainly not the hellish situation like 2 weeks ago.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter

It’s good you ‘re able to say that.

Jim

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Update.
As of August 24th we have lost 18 of our residents to SARS-CoV2 or complications of.
Things seem to be slowing way down, thank God.
Right now we have 7 active cases, all are asymptomatic.

Two are more than likely not going to make it.
They are back with us from university hospital and on hospice after a very long battle.

We are continuing testing now for staff every Monday Wednesday and Friday until we get no more positives.
After 7 times testing, I've been negative.
This includes the rapid return test that involves swabbing and solution droplets- which takes 15 minutes for a result.

I'm glad things are finally looking up for you and the others. The "asymptomatic" thing is pretty crazy. At least when people have the flu, they know it very quickly.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
This is Texas specific. I just watched a Gov Abbott talk about covid in Texas. It's pretty bad here. He said there's a new antibody drug that helps people with early stage covid, Eli Lilly? (not sure that's spelled right). I think he said it's the same treatment that Trump was given when he contracted covid. It's given in a drip and takes about an hour, something like you would expect in an iv type drip in the hospital.

It's already been delivered to some parts of Texas. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed. I know Florida and California have been hit hard too. I hope they have some too.

Sass Muffin

#coffeefreak
Gold Site Supporter
Be safe, Cooksie.
We're back in the red again.
Tonight there is a state wide "you better not be out kids" 10pm curfew order from Governor DeWine.
It's to last three weeks.
The rules aren't new.
It's basically the same thing we've been doing!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I watched Dr. Ed once again, and he addressed disposable masks. He said that you don't have to throw away a disposable mask every time you wear it. He recommended that you rotate your masks every day and not wear the same one two days in a row. He said to get at least three or four, or even seven and just rotate. Earlier he talked about storing your used disposable masks in a brown paper bag, like a brown paper lunch bag. That's what I've been doing.

Sass Muffin

#coffeefreak
Gold Site Supporter
I watched Dr. Ed once again, and he addressed disposable masks. He said that you don't have to throw away a disposable mask every time you wear it. He recommended that you rotate your masks every day and not wear the same one two days in a row. He said to get at least three or four, or even seven and just rotate. Earlier he talked about storing your used disposable masks in a brown paper bag, like a brown paper lunch bag. That's what I've been doing.
That's what we've been doing with our N95 masks (rotating 3) but now we're back to wearing disposable surgical masks over those.. as well as gowning up and gloving since we are accepting new admissions again now who are automatically placed in quarantine for 2 weeks.
Argh!

Sass Muffin

#coffeefreak
Gold Site Supporter
Here we go again.
😢
Looks like the monster is back in our facility.
2 so far have tested positive although they are asymptomatic.
We have the unit set up.

Sass Muffin

#coffeefreak
Gold Site Supporter
Telling my guardian angel to help yours watch over you, Sass!

Lee
Thank you, Lee.
Honest to God I cannot believe we are facing this again.
I had to attend an emergency meeting when they gave us the heads up today.
We knew the county was red again, but we've been clear up until today.
I did the rapid return that came back negative and will do it again on Wednesday.