COVID-19

Cooksie

Site Supporter
None of my family are cashiers. But protecting the cashiers will also protect everyone they work with. Hub is in produce dept. and DD's are in online shopping. They don't get any protection.

I see that now the CDC is recommending that everyone who is out in the general public wear some kind of facial protection. I hope your daughter's and husband's store is now allowing this.

Oops, forgot to add this:
A friend told me this morning that her husband had some leftover masks from when he did a lot of spray painting on their house. If you can get some of those, they may be some protection, maybe better than just cloth. I don't know where he bought them, probably at the paint store.

Last edited:

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Hopefully, I just scored 4 quart bottles of 99% isopropyl alcohol at a decent price that is actually in stock from a local lab so I can make hand sanitizer for us. I'll find out Monday for sure as they closed early today for Good Friday. More than I wanted, but that was minimum amount available right now.

Still have some on order from another place, but they keep putting me off on shipping date. That order will get cancelled if and when I get my hands on the local stuff.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
There is an interactive map at the site that shows numbers continuing to drop.
This is good news.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm

20200411_073118.jpg

20200411_073138.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
As recently highlighted by Drs. Deborah Birx and Anthony Fauci, key voices in the White House coronavirus task force, antibody testing will begin to ramp up throughout the nation in the days and weeks ahead to better inform our tact in fighting COVID-19.

At a hospital in Chicago, a non-randomized sample found that 30-50% of patients tested for COVID-19 have antibodies in their system, suggesting they already had the virus and have potential immunity.
https://truepundit.com/early-antibo...covid-19-already-have-antibodies-report-says/

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I got mine too.
Most people I know got it either last night or today.

We just got another case tested positive in our county.
Both have been males.
That brings us up to two.
People are freaking out a little.
This is expected with a virus, for crying out loud.

Last edited:

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
We have 2 in our county. Next county west has 56 but they have a 100,000 pop city. Remaining counties around here anywhere from 0 to 2 or 3

Jim

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
"How did you get double?"

I haven't filed for 2019... they obviously used my 2018 as a reference point , and that was still a joint filing, gor me and the Warden...... at least, that's the only explanation I can come up with ...

"That explains what happened to my check. LARRY GOT IT!"

aaaa.png

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Good for you, LT :hotdog:. Nada on mine :(

I just watched a question and answer live segment with Dr. Ed, an allergy and infectious disease doctor from a big hospital in Dallas. One thing I learned from this:

One of the questions was about the safety of produce right now. The person who asked the question said that she was using a solution of vinegar and water to wash her produce.

His reply was, "in his household," they are using a solution of lemon juice and water to spray their produce. He said that about a half of lemon squeezed into about a quart of water should work...pretty sure that's what he said but not positive.

I've been rinsing my produce with water but haven't been using any citric acid in the water.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yep LT they used the tax year from 2018 for all.

Like my wife asked ..do you think they will tex this money on our 2020 taxes? My reply: Dang right they will. Any income we get they will take a bite out of. So be ready for that a year from now.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Yep LT they used the tax year from 2018 for all.

Like my wife asked ..do you think they will tex this money on our 2020 taxes? My reply: Dang right they will. Any income we get they will take a bite out of. So be ready for that a year from now.

They have said there is going to be a corresponding tax CREDIT for the amount you got.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
No, Doc ... you will not have to pay taxes on this .........

Stimulus checks aren’t taxable income. The checks are refundable tax credits, according to the Tax Foundation, a tax policy think tank. The credits will be applied to 2020 tax returns, but are advanced to taxpayers now based on their 2019 or 2018 adjusted gross income.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Awesome. Pleasantly shocked. I totally missed that part. Thanks guys. :tiphat:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
So far we're good here.
4 cases in the county.
The deaths are minimal in the immediate area, however there were I believe 9 deaths at a nursing home in a few counties south of here.

Saying to not let our guards down just yet cannot be stressed enough.

Just like the regular flu season.
Be mindful, take precautions, be safe.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Most of you have probably heard about the two brilliant guys :huh: from Tennessee who went around and bought up 7,700 bottles of hand sanitizer. I saw a picture of one of the guys in front of his garage with all the sanitizer stacked up.

I don't know exactly what happened, but the authorities must have come down on them like stink on **** :yum:. Maybe they were threatened with fines, jail time, or whatever. They've now decided to give it all away.

Justice, Sweet, Sweet Justice

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I think that all the online sellers caught on and would not list their goods.

All the stores around here have signs saying all sales final. I wonder how that is going to shake out. Since they sold more TP and Paper towels and the buyers are going to be stuck, I wonder if stores will restock to prior levels or not as sales may be slow.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Most of you have probably heard about the two brilliant guys :huh: from Tennessee who went around and bought up 7,700 bottles of hand sanitizer. I saw a picture of one of the guys in front of his garage with all the sanitizer stacked up.

I don't know exactly what happened, but the authorities must have come down on them like stink on **** :yum:. Maybe they were threatened with fines, jail time, or whatever. They've now decided to give it all away.

Justice, Sweet, Sweet Justice

That happened several weeks ago.

Same thing happened recently down under where a guy had bought somewhere around $10,000 worth of TP , paper towels, sanitizer, etc, at a store that supposedly was limiting purchases. He tried to take it back and the store manager refused and busted him on the news, said he must have made hundreds of trips to the store and/or got others to buy for him.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I think that all the online sellers caught on and would not list their goods.

All the stores around here have signs saying all sales final. I wonder how that is going to shake out. Since they sold more TP and Paper towels and the buyers are going to be stuck, I wonder if stores will restock to prior levels or not as sales may be slow.

I don't know. I do know that back in March I ordered some toilet paper from a third-party seller on Amazon. I was feeling desperate. Never, never will I ever order from a third party seller on Amazon again. It was a fiasco. First it was an April delivery, then it was a May delivery, and then it was a June delivery. Amazon did finally make it right and refunded my money, so kudos for them.

Amazon did give me a little hand slap...said my review was not within their guidelines :ohmy:, said this is your first warning. They also sent me an email saying that the seller was no longer a seller on Amazon. In the review, I said something to effect that I thought it was a scam. I still think it was a scam, and I'd say it again if I wasn't afraid of being kicked off of Amazon. I get a lot of stuff from them. Amazon has always made things right for me when I've had a problem.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
That happened several weeks ago.

Same thing happened recently down under where a guy had bought somewhere around $10,000 worth of TP , paper towels, sanitizer, etc, at a store that supposedly was limiting purchases. He tried to take it back and the store manager refused and busted him on the news, said he must have made hundreds of trips to the store and/or got others to buy for him.

Sweet, Sweet Justice Again

I just figure that's what they get :applause:

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
I don't know. I do know that back in March I ordered some toilet paper from a third-party seller on Amazon. I was feeling desperate. Never, never will I ever order from a third party seller on Amazon again. It was a fiasco. First it was an April delivery, then it was a May delivery, and then it was a June delivery. Amazon did finally make it right and refunded my money, so kudos for them.

Amazon did give me a little hand slap...said my review was not within their guidelines :ohmy:, said this is your first warning. They also sent me an email saying that the seller was no longer a seller on Amazon. In the review, I said something to effect that I thought it was a scam. I still think it was a scam, and I'd say it again if I wasn't afraid of being kicked off of Amazon. I get a lot of stuff from them. Amazon has always made things right for me when I've had a problem.

I've been waiting for almost 6 weeks and I bought from Amazon! Fortunately, I got some via Wal-Mart.com, but I'm not cancelling the Amazon order as we still haven't seen any TP or paper towels for that matter in the grocery. It's not like we won't eventually use it...

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I go on early for the over 60 hours. Soncectgey stock overnight, I can usually get a 4 pack. I dont hoard.