COVID-19

Sass Muffin

#coffeefreak
Gold Site Supporter
Highlighted stuff: Maybe they help your patients feel more comfortable too. The regular masks might scare them a little more than the cloth mask covers.

Re: 3 ply disposable masks
How do those compare to the black ones? A friend gave me some of the black ones today. They are supposed to be reusable. Just wondering since you have experience with masks and I have none

You are so right about the cloth masks making the residents feel more comfortable.
Many of them understand what is going on and why all the sudden the masks.
There is a basket of them in the med room- every design, every colour of the rainbow.

If you're speaking of the black nylon type masks, I've seen them but have never used them.

Sass Muffin

#coffeefreak
Gold Site Supporter
Peeps and Andy.
Bloomberg is reporting a decline in the number of new cases and deaths, in both New York and New Jersey.
This is good news.

medtran49

Site Supporter
I can just imagine how fast the blue shop towels are flying off the shelves. I looked for them earlier but couldn't find them around here.

Shipping is all clogged around here too. I'm still supposed to get some tp tomorrow, keeping my fingers crossed. I did get some bleach and some facial tissues.

Did you try auto parts places? That's where I got ours.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
.......and it's shaping up to be the latter.........

aaaa.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Did you try auto parts places? That's where I got ours.

I did and found some about 2 hrs away but wasn't willing to take the chance of driving that far and finding that they had none left. Thanks for the suggestion.

Got my tp :bounce:

medtran49

Site Supporter
I did and found some about 2 hrs away but wasn't willing to take the chance of driving that far and finding that they had none left. Thanks for the suggestion.

Got my tp :bounce:

I did an online order and waited for pickup notice. I actually ordered from 2 places. Never got a pickup notice all weekend from the one and then got a cancellation notice this morning.

Glad you got TP!

lilbopeep

Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Our town posted an update. As of 4/4/2020 we have 23 confirmed cases and 2 deaths in our town of Pop. 2,800.

One was a former fire chief. The other was the patriarch of a long time restaurant in town. Hub and I met with him years ago to plan the party after our DD's baptism. :sad:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
None of my family are cashiers. But protecting the cashiers will also protect everyone they work with. Hub is in produce dept. and DD's are in online shopping. They don't get any protection.

I see that now the CDC is recommending that everyone who is out in the general public wear some kind of facial protection. I hope your daughter's and husband's store is now allowing this.

Oops, forgot to add this:
A friend told me this morning that her husband had some leftover masks from when he did a lot of spray painting on their house. If you can get some of those, they may be some protection, maybe better than just cloth. I don't know where he bought them, probably at the paint store.

Last edited:

medtran49

Site Supporter
Hopefully, I just scored 4 quart bottles of 99% isopropyl alcohol at a decent price that is actually in stock from a local lab so I can make hand sanitizer for us. I'll find out Monday for sure as they closed early today for Good Friday. More than I wanted, but that was minimum amount available right now.

Still have some on order from another place, but they keep putting me off on shipping date. That order will get cancelled if and when I get my hands on the local stuff.

Sass Muffin

#coffeefreak
Gold Site Supporter
As recently highlighted by Drs. Deborah Birx and Anthony Fauci, key voices in the White House coronavirus task force, antibody testing will begin to ramp up throughout the nation in the days and weeks ahead to better inform our tact in fighting COVID-19.

At a hospital in Chicago, a non-randomized sample found that 30-50% of patients tested for COVID-19 have antibodies in their system, suggesting they already had the virus and have potential immunity.
https://truepundit.com/early-antibo...covid-19-already-have-antibodies-report-says/

Sass Muffin

#coffeefreak
Gold Site Supporter
I got mine too.
Most people I know got it either last night or today.

We just got another case tested positive in our county.
Both have been males.
That brings us up to two.
People are freaking out a little.
This is expected with a virus, for crying out loud.

Last edited: