Can Wax Paper Go In The Air Fryer?

Harold

Hi everyone!

I've been wondering if it's safe to use wax paper in my air fryer. I know parchment paper is commonly recommended but I only have wax paper at home. I'm concerned about whether the wax might melt or even catch fire at the high temperatures used in air frying. I'm looking for advice on whether wax paper can be used safely or if there are better alternatives, like parchment paper or silicone mats, that others have found effective for preventing sticking and making cleanup easier.

Any insights or personal experiences would be really helpful!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen 🧋☀️
Gold Site Supporter
I've not used anything in mine.
Spraying with avocado oil.
If you put anything inside the air fryer, it's going to effect the air circulation.
Personally, I never would.

Harold

That's interesting! I do find that some foods tend to stick in the air fryer basket, especially when I don't use any oil. Do you find that spraying with avocado oil works well for everything you cook, or are there certain foods that still stick a bit?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen 🧋☀️
Gold Site Supporter
That's interesting! I do find that some foods tend to stick in the air fryer basket, especially when I don't use any oil. Do you find that spraying with avocado oil works well for everything you cook, or are there certain foods that still stick a bit?
Using any spray oil works good enough.
For anything.

Edward.G

I wouldn't recommend using wax paper in your air fryer. While I get the appeal (parchment paper can be a lifesaver!), wax paper has a much lower heat tolerance than parchment paper. The wax coating could melt at air fryer temperatures, potentially leading to a mess or even a fire hazard.

Here's a helpful article I found that goes into more detail about the differences between wax paper and parchment paper for air frying

I actually like the idea of using avocado oil spray to prevent sticking! That's a great tip, especially if you're looking to avoid using any liners at all.

Another option to consider is a silicone air fryer liner. They're reusable, heat-safe, and can help with sticking and cleanup.

Ultimately, the choice is yours, but I would definitely steer clear of the wax paper for safety reasons.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen 🧋☀️
Gold Site Supporter
I wouldn't recommend using wax paper in your air fryer. While I get the appeal (parchment paper can be a lifesaver!), wax paper has a much lower heat tolerance than parchment paper. The wax coating could melt at air fryer temperatures, potentially leading to a mess or even a fire hazard.

Here's a helpful article I found that goes into more detail about the differences between wax paper and parchment paper for air frying

I actually like the idea of using avocado oil spray to prevent sticking! That's a great tip, especially if you're looking to avoid using any liners at all.

Another option to consider is a silicone air fryer liner. They're reusable, heat-safe, and can help with sticking and cleanup.

Ultimately, the choice is yours, but I would definitely steer clear of the wax paper for safety reasons.
Ummm, mine that came with the fryer IS a silicone liner.
Most of them, if not all are.

1000019519.jpg

Last edited: