• 1canbc.jpg
    1canbc.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 36
  • 1canbb.jpg
    1canbb.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 36

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Everything looks great. How much water do they need?

Asking for a friend :mrgreen:

It is not so much how much, but what kind. We are talking PH.
I usually give my plant 5 gal. every other day. Ph between 6-7.
My PH meter broke early in the year. I know my water out of the faucet is PH 8. I put in a 1/2 lemon and it is perfect.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
It is not so much how much, but what kind. We are talking PH.
I usually give my plant 5 gal. every other day. Ph between 6-7.
My PH meter broke early in the year. I know my water out of the faucet is PH 8. I put in a 1/2 lemon and it is perfect.

Who knew . . .

Is there a best Ph for particular plants? I have my Moms Aloe plant. I remember it as a kid. No telling how old it is. I’ve been watering it with tap water, condition unknown. Any ideas?

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Who knew . . .

Is there a best Ph for particular plants? I have my Moms Aloe plant. I remember it as a kid. No telling how old it is. I’ve been watering it with tap water, condition unknown. Any ideas?

Did a little net surfing. The Aloe plant is best with a Ph of 7.0. Now to get a Ph meter like .i used for the pool.

Jim

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Did a little net surfing. The Aloe plant is best with a Ph of 7.0. Now to get a Ph meter like .i used for the pool.

Jim

I just googled it too- Your tap water ph is fine. I don't think
you need to spend $20. On a PH meter. They are a pretty
hearty plant.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Thanks for the help. I’m getting the meter just to make sure. That plant has survived for years. I don’t want to contribute to its demise.

Put up a couple pictures of the plant Jim. Watch the color of the leaves. Changing color may signal it needs specific nutrients. There is a lot of information about Aloe on line. Check more then one site. Last one I read. Your PH can be 7- 8 1/2 Fertilize once a year in the spring.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Put up a couple pictures of the plant Jim. Watch the color of the leaves. Changing color may signal it needs specific nutrients. There is a lot of information about Aloe on line. Check more then one site. Last one I read. Your PH can be 7- 8 1/2 Fertilize once a year in the spring.

Tap water PH is 7.1 I’ll get some pictures and post them.

Thanks!