2 Dan's Legal Medical Marijuana Garden.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Did a little net surfing. The Aloe plant is best with a Ph of 7.0. Now to get a Ph meter like .i used for the pool.

Jim

I just googled it too- Your tap water ph is fine. I don't think
you need to spend $20. On a PH meter. They are a pretty
hearty plant.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the help. I’m getting the meter just to make sure. That plant has survived for years. I don’t want to contribute to its demise.

Put up a couple pictures of the plant Jim. Watch the color of the leaves. Changing color may signal it needs specific nutrients. There is a lot of information about Aloe on line. Check more then one site. Last one I read. Your PH can be 7- 8 1/2 Fertilize once a year in the spring.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Put up a couple pictures of the plant Jim. Watch the color of the leaves. Changing color may signal it needs specific nutrients. There is a lot of information about Aloe on line. Check more then one site. Last one I read. Your PH can be 7- 8 1/2 Fertilize once a year in the spring.

Tap water PH is 7.1 I’ll get some pictures and post them.

Thanks!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Dan, my neighbors and I discussed trying to grow a couple of pot plants this summer in outdoor containers, just for fun. I don't use it, but they do, and since I'm the gardener, I'm up for the challenge.

Assuming we can find 2 plants to buy, what else do I need to know? If I get them by middle of May, I can usually grow by mid October.

Are these difficult to grow outside? Do they need all-day sun? Are they heat-tolerant? Do I need special containers?

Lee

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Lee-
It is not hard. I hope you can find a couple clones. If you have dispensaries near you, Check their web pages for clones.
They are usually $10-$20. If you start with seeds. Put them between a couple hearty paper towels (Bounty) and keep them wet.
I usually soak my seeds over night in a cup of water, before I put them between the wet paper towels. You have to keep you eye on them. Paper towels can dry out. After 2-4 days. Look inside the paper towels and your seeds should grow little white tails. Then you can put them
in potting soil inside small gardening pots, or them red picnic cups. Make sure you put a couple holes in the bottom. You put the cups under a grow light . (Not expensive) Walmart has a nice fluorescent grow light for $12. Amazon also. Either way- Clones or seeds you need to get a grow light. Keep grow light 6-1 0" above plant. Leave light on 24/7. When they look good and strong 12" tall or so. Time to transplant, hopefully outside. Dig a nice deep hole, 18" wide X 18" deep or more. Fill hole with water. If you got a fish, put it in the bottom of the hole when water is gone. Find a good hydroponic store or Amazon. Buy Fox Farm Ocean soil. Put in hole. Pull the plant out of red cup, or put the plant in the gardening cup in the Fox Farm soil. Rip the bottom out of the cup first. Be careful you don't rip the roots out. It is good if you can separate the roots before you put plants in fox Farm soil. (I have has success with Natures care from Miracle grow) OK Plant is in hole. you watered one more time. Here is the tricky thing. (PH) Plants like water to be PH around 6. I found an easy way to do this. I fill a container with water, I put some lemon Maybe 1/4 of a lemon. Next day I watered the plants with it. This worked for me. Nutrients- You really don't need these until a month. You can spend a fortune on buying all the different Marijuana brand nutrients. OR- Until they start flowering- I buy Jacks 20-20-20 fertilizer. Once a week, give them a good taste. ( If you feel the soil a couple inches down a little damp. there is enough water for the plant. OR-
Instead of putting the plant in a hole. Buy-

Garden 5-Gallon Aeration Fabric Pot/Plant Grow Bags w/Handles​

Then you can move them where they get the most son. Also, you can't over water them. Also they
are cheap (Amazon) A couple dollars a bag.
Ok that is enough to get you started. Here is a picture of a clone.

https://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/grow-bible/

weedcclone.jpg

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Dan, my neighbors and I discussed trying to grow a couple of pot plants this summer in outdoor containers, just for fun. I don't use it, but they do, and since I'm the gardener, I'm up for the challenge.

Assuming we can find 2 plants to buy, what else do I need to know? If I get them by middle of May, I can usually grow by mid October.

Are these difficult to grow outside? Do they need all-day sun? Are they heat-tolerant? Do I need special containers?

Lee
I found this grow light on Amazon, and bought it. $20. It is really a good light. https://www.yoybuy.com/pd/YUIeNXMBOKm3L7tjTsxt.html

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That is great info, Dan! I will try to find a couple of clones. I like that grow light, even if only for my houseplants.

Thank you!

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Unbelievable, Dan!

I'm supposed to get a pot plant from my neighbor this year. I don't smoke it (my neighbors do), but I'm interested in seeing how I'd do growing it.

Lee

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Unbelievable, Dan!

I'm supposed to get a pot plant from my neighbor this year. I don't smoke it (my neighbors do), but I'm interested in seeing how I'd do growing it.

Lee
Lee- It is a fun plant to grow. They grow fast. Different plants have different
types of leaves. I grow way more then I smoke also. The picture above
with my DD, was taken last week. Plant is almost over DD's head now.
No flowers yet.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Good for you Baje[ And Welcome to Net Cooking].
I was alcohol & drug free 23 years. My wife passed,
I smoke a little. I've been growing now for about
10 years. The gardening of raising these plants give me
a lot of exercise (I am 74 years old)