What are you eating Sunday 9/29/2024 to Saturday 10/5/2024?

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Lazy Thursday !

Beef burrito, carried in ...

Burrito, Beef 10-3-24.JPG

Embryodad

The original tonight was supposed to be the beef cubes with gravy over noodles, but Tina was in no mood to cook it. I figured, maybe I will make something I wish for. Well. it wound up to be shrimp and scallops in a butter wine sauce over spaghetti. It was great, and DD took some for work tomorrow. Apple pie for dessert from Mellick's farm stand .

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Tomorrow, we're supposed to eat at Mom's Spaghetti in Detroit. (Eminem's place), before the concert.
There are a lot of restaurants in the area of the Music Hall Performing Arts Center.
Jeff said you have to order outside at the window, then take your food inside 🤔

If we have enough time, we're going to try to do the Motown Museum thing too. 🤞
Try to get tickets in advance for the Motown Museum. Sometimes you can't get in.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Tina's got a boiling London broil simmering in the pot. She found the recipe in the doctors office waiting room. I saw her use canned mushroom soup, and Lipton Onion soup.
I wish we had a dog, because I don't think I will like it?? We shall see. Three Pounds of it.

Well, I'm very interested in this, Jimmy, LOL! :oops: I Googled but can't find anything close to a boiled London Broil recipe.

Please post Tina's recipe/process, post pictures, and post what you thought about it. Can't wait!

Lee

Embryodad

Here it is, and it's still cooking to get the potatoes soft.
I asked for just potato quarter's instead of mashed. It looks like the beef is tender; and I just hope it is able to swallow. The last beef we had like that, felt like chewing a mouthful of Q-Tips.

Embryodad

Well, I'm very interested in this, Jimmy, LOL! :oops: I Googled but can't find anything close to a boiled London Broil recipe.

Please post Tina's recipe/process, post pictures, and post what you thought about it. Can't wait!

Lee
OK....I will let it known .... I posted the taste of home and her recipe. Tina opted for Quartered potatoes. The rest went by the recipe.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I asked for just potato quarter's instead of mashed. It looks like the beef is tender; and I just hope it is able to swallow. The last beef we had like that, felt like chewing a mouthful of Q-Tips.

Is she doing it in a slow cooker? When you said "boiling" and "simmering", I pictured a pot on top of the stove. Heck, I love beef roasts and thick, tough cuts in the crockpot!

Lee

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
😬

Embryodad

Is she doing it in a slow cooker? When you said "boiling" and "simmering", I pictured a pot on top of the stove. Heck, I love beef roasts and thick, tough cuts in the crockpot!

Lee
She used a cast iron pot on the gas cooktop on very very low and on a trivet for 7 1/2 hours.
It was boiling when she started it so the temperature would rise faster, and then low.
It's ready now, and I will post pics etc.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Spaghetti in a paper cup - I love that!

Lee
Lee that restaurant is big, once you get inside there is a smaller "diner" area, then a huge dining room.
Upstairs is Eminem's museum with lots of memorabilia and merchandise.
I wanted a T-shirt but they were out of the ones I saw online.