Pork - Corn Chowder

Johnny West

Nancy made this yesterday using our home canned pork and corn and it was very good.

F0407A78-B69A-4446-A66D-81E6A51D2088.jpeg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for posting this. Pork tenderloin was BOGO last week so I got 2 packages and there are 2 tenderloins in each package, so we have 4 to use up and this looks good.

Last edited:

Johnny West

Thanks for posting this. Pork tenderloin was BOGO last week so I got 2 packages and there are 2 tenderlokns in each package, so we have 4 to use up and this looks good.
We liked it a lot and plenty leftover. It got thick towards the end so will thin it down with more chicken broth.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
This had a very good taste, but DO NOT use pork tenderloin. After I let it rest and then cut it up into pieces, it was juicy and tender. I ate several while cutting. After I put it in the hot chowder, the chunks turned tough, chewy and dry tasting. It was only 2 or 3 minutes between them going in and serving. I'd use pork butt cut into small pieces, seasoned well, and then cooked until almost tender before adding the potatoes, or maybe use lardons of bacon. I'd also use just potatoes and skip the beans. They just seemed out 9f place to me.