New To You Food Products

Ironman

๐Ÿบ
My new favorite cheese. Sheep cheese ๐Ÿ˜ also tried bison summer sausage. Pretty good.
26696E73-2A2A-442B-8DDE-3BCD744768E6.jpeg

939096C1-A7B6-464B-A65E-FC9D0BD1429D.jpeg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This was pretty good, for 5 minutes in the microwave. It was bland so I added a couple of splashes of toasted sesame oil - much better!

I served it to Dad as a side to his grilled turkey tips.

Lee

Fried rice.JPG

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen โ˜•๐ŸŒŽ๐Ÿฆ‹
Gold Site Supporter
It's been a while since I've had this.
Normally it's HP, but I found some today.
It's soooo much better than HP or A1.
I'll use it on a strip steak, possibly Thursday or Friday.

20221101_183752.jpg
20221101_183634.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen โ˜•๐ŸŒŽ๐Ÿฆ‹
Gold Site Supporter
This was pretty good, for 5 minutes in the microwave. It was bland so I added a couple of splashes of toasted sesame oil - much better!

I served it to Dad as a side to his grilled turkey tips.

Lee

View attachment 53813
Lee I've made that before, but made it in a pan on the stove.
Tastes much better that way.
I like most of their products.

lilbopeep

๐ŸŒน๐Ÿฐ Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Going to do a test with a small amount of my cranberry relish. If good Iโ€™ll use as the sweetener for my relish this year.

lilbopeep

๐ŸŒน๐Ÿฐ Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Found this at Trader Joe's. It says use 1 - 1 for vanilla extract. But the paste has sugar in it. It tastes pretty good. I will try it when I do a test run of mini cheesecake bites.

trader-joes-vanilla-bean-paste.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen โ˜•๐ŸŒŽ๐Ÿฆ‹
Gold Site Supporter
Mark!
Beans!
Those beans.
I bought the ones in the pic for making chili, the others I hadn't seen on the shelf at Chief Supermarket until today (the Carolina Gold).

IMG_20221230_181055154.jpg
IMG_20221230_160318666_HDR.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen โ˜•๐ŸŒŽ๐Ÿฆ‹
Gold Site Supporter
Wow Lollie! let us know how your chili turns out! ๐Ÿ˜Ž Iโ€™m definitely trying that Carolina Gold when/if I see it. Same with the smokehouse black beans. ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž
I will ๐Ÿ˜Š
For the chili I bought those, tomato sauce, a can of Castleberry chili as well (it has pulled pork in it and pineapple??) and a can of Rotel the one with cilantro lol

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen โ˜•๐ŸŒŽ๐Ÿฆ‹
Gold Site Supporter
Extremely pissed my store was out of these last Sunday (I was SURE they had some left ๐Ÿ˜‚ ). Walmart has this product but I canโ€™t do Walmart because of the zoo it is lol. Hoping to get this for the superbowl if Iโ€™m not on the road.
Good luck finding them!
I do Walmart if I'm out that far on Scott Street and yes, I rarely shop there.
I like Chief Supermarket because it's a good place to shop without all that other stuff lol

Ironman

๐Ÿบ
So we ventured into Hy-Vee today. I canโ€™t believe my new grocery store has a burger joint and a bar in it! โค๏ธ liquor store too ๐Ÿ˜

When I was a kid I saw someone almost choke to death on a steak so yeah, nope. Not for meโ€ฆ Until a few years ago when my kid picked up some dry aged filets and then sous vide and on the grill. Better than any restaurant in this part of the state. :mrgreen:

Hy-Vee had 30 day in-house dry aged ribeyes for $25/lb. I picked up some grass fed filet mignon for $5 bucks a piece. Iโ€™ll get to those tomorrow.

1037052E-9313-4229-AD53-4652614F285D.jpeg

Ironman

๐Ÿบ
Impulse buy at the shiny new grocery store. Very creamy and kinda fruity, we loved it. One of our dinner guests said he could really taste the farm in this cheeseโ€ฆ will buy again.

A51218F3-2E7F-4C2B-8200-6FA0DBA4616E.jpeg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen โ˜•๐ŸŒŽ๐Ÿฆ‹
Gold Site Supporter
Made a grocery shopping trip and was really hoping to find Dave's Killer buns and English muffins.
No luck, so I'm going to try muffins for my burgers and this bread, I've not had the red label yet.
But if it's Dave's it has to be good.๐Ÿ˜Š

IMG_20230324_143417427.jpg
IMG_20230324_143432577_HDR.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Made a grocery shopping trip and was really hoping to find Dave's Killer buns and English muffins.
No luck, so I'm going to try muffins for my burgers and this bread, I've not had the red label yet.
But if it's Dave's it has to be good.๐Ÿ˜Š

View attachment 56944View attachment 56945

I love a slice of that bread toasted, Lora. It's a bit too much for a two-slice sandwich. I'm going to have a tuna melt on a slice tonight.

Lee