THROW-BACK THURSDAY

Johnny West

E074EC59-32E1-49F9-8EFE-E76CF1341A1F.jpeg
392BAD46-422C-4440-ABE3-C4D14B114257.jpeg
8AF3106F-96E0-4AEA-822B-E983D5F9EAB5.jpeg
C9FA67BF-892B-4282-9C96-A00086F8B2FB.jpeg

Johnny West

Back in 69, when I went to Winona State for a year, I bought a case of Bub’s Beer for a poker party since it was cheap. It was the worst tasting beer I ever had. They closed down shortly after that. The brewery is a bunch of shops now.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Back in 69, when I went to Winona State for a year, I bought a case of Bub’s Beer for a poker party since it was cheap. It was the worst tasting beer I ever had. They closed down shortly after that. The brewery is a bunch of shops now.
LOL Ahh memories of bad beer. Early 70's in the Navy I made it to Europe. Visited Spain, France, Italy. The following year we went to Vietnam. Home ported in the Philippines. Went back and forth to Nam 3 or 4 times a month. Only beer available was San Migel. Didn't taste to horrible but oh boy the after effects were a nightmare. Stomach issues and the runs. That is when I discovered scotch and water.

Ironman

🍺
We had Burger Chef way before McDonalds made it to our town. Still think Burger Chef was better.
Oh I agree. They had a salad bar with cherry tomatoes and they would grenade when you bit into them, I remember that lol. I think Hardee’s or Carl jr bought them out back in the day and changed the name. Something like that…