What are you doing today?

Johnny West

The plumber was here this morning and hooked up the faucets to master bath and 1/2 bath downstairs. They still have a ways to go and are supposed to start demolition on the guest bathroom tomorrow. I dunno as the master bath shower glass has not been installed.

After the plumber left we took a load to Value Village then drove to Shultz’s Farm and bought sweetcorn. It’s pushing 90°F …

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
We had stormy weather again.
This caused the radio to keep getting NWS updates.
Thankfully it went by quickly with no damage.
The temp dropped dramatically.
20210811_161245.jpg

Johnny West

Yesterday the crew came and tore out our hall bathroom. That was a mess as we had rats in the wall behind the bath and under the tub!!!! This was from several years ago - I poisoned them and the crawl space people came and cleaned out and sealed up our crawl space. Anyway, they will be back to work today. The plumber will be back to bolt down the two new toilets… who knew that would be a problem? The master shower does not have doors yet so they put a bar up for a shower curtain.

with the heat and smoke, Amelia may or may not be here today. We have central air so that’s a plus.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Went to the grocery store earlier.
Got a text from Pam asking me to meet her at the fairgrounds.
They have the refurbished Lady Justice on display. Tomorrow at noon, she goes back up on her pedestal way atop the courthouse.
The city are making a big fuss over it.
She's been down getting a face (and everything) lift for a year.
I was going to go and have something to eat fair food wise, but $10 for a steak and pepper sandwich... no way Jose'. Lol

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I searched the house this morning for about an hour. I bought a box of good quality face masks a while back, pulled some out, put them in paper bags, and put them in my car. I decided to hide the rest from my cats so that they wouldn't find them and maul them. I must have found a really good hiding place because now I can't even find them :yum:.

Johnny West

Made it home okay but Friday traffic on a holiday weekend is a bear, especially close to home. We left our hotel in Nampa at 0700 mountain time and arrived home a little after 1500 Pacific time. We did stop in Hermiston, OR for melons and a 25 pound bag pound bag of Candy Sweet Onions. When we got to Naches we stopped for some apples and peaches, too. The smoke from the Nile fire was heavy in the air from the edge of Yakima to over 20 miles west.

Johnny West

I will take the car in and have the tires checked. Yesterday the low pressure warning light went off. My tire store was closed so will do it this morning, then at 1300 have an appointment with my pulmonologist. With the change in weather my cough has gotten worse and sprays and inhalers don’t do a bleeping thing. when I get home I’ll can the beet pickles. Tonight is BLT’s for dinner.

Johnny West

I just went through all that. Good luck!

Hope you get to feeling better.
I saw the doc and is prescribing a z pack and new steroid inhaler. He also gave me what I call a ‘thumper”. You in Halle then blow out and it vibrates your bronchial tubes to loosen up the phlegm. On the drive home I was blowing on it and it worked like magic. I am worn out from coughing, though.

The good news is it was a bad valve stem, it was replaced, and tire balanced… no charge.

Johnny West

I took my car for a free leak repair last weekend. After they were done with me it ended up being well over $800.00. :huh:
I needed new tires tho. It’s amazing how much better it feels!
When it rains, it pours… new refrigerator, new tires…. these tires were new this spring. I run rain and snow tires on all four wheels year around. I don’t have room in the garage for two different sets.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I saw the doc and is prescribing a z pack and new steroid inhaler. He also gave me what I call a ‘thumper”. You in Halle then blow out and it vibrates your bronchial tubes to loosen up the phlegm. On the drive home I was blowing on it and it worked like magic. I am worn out from coughing, though.

The good news is it was a bad valve stem, it was replaced, and tire balanced… no charge.

Yikes! Feel better, John!

Lee

Johnny West

Today spent over two hours in line in my car waiting for meds at the drive up window at MAMC pharnmacy. This afternoon spent almost four hour waiting for my wife while she did pre op appointments, cross and match, etc. Shehas to go back again on Thursday for meds and two more appointments. That takes care of my skeet shooting date for Thursday.

Time for tequila…

Johnny West

I had a real eye opener yesterday, the cost of some wrought iron handrails for my front porch :(. I just wanted some simple handrails for my front porch. Good grief, $1,000.
We need to do that, too. I was going to look into what a blacksmith could make.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
We need to do that, too.
When we had all that ice that seemed to hang around forever, I was afraid to go down the front steps. I figured I better try to do it now just in case that happens again. The company that I've been talking to is called a metalworks place.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
It's been raining all day so far and will continue most of this week.
Flood watch out for the river.
The temps are going to drop waaaaay down.
No zoo trip tomorrow, obviously.