What are you doing today?

Johnny West

I’m going to hand wash the car today and enjoy the cool weather before the heat wave starts.
There is a burn ban in affect starting at 0800 this morning and even though grilling is allowed,
we will have a cold dinner of chicken and macaroni salad. We have a lot of greens to eat, as
well. I have lost 13# in the last three weeks since cutting out gluten, dairy, sugar, and nitrates.
My goal is to lose 20 more pounds. We’ll see.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
My Verizon wireless connection has been spotty all day.
I finally got in touch with a service rep.
They said there is an issue with one of the towers outside of town.
Should be resolved soon.
This is the first time I've been able to access the internet for hours.

Ironman

🍺
Doing tye dye shirts and socks with my Grand Child and the family today.

067FEBD8-6C85-478C-A9FA-FCB1E72EACE3.jpeg

Johnny West

We will make a run to SeaTac to pick up Peter. He went to Chicago for the weekend to visit my brother. Amelia and her mother were there and will leave today, as well, and start their drive home. Later we will make a run to Trader Joe’s for a few items. Their gluten free bread seems to be better compared to what we got when doing Whole 30. Today’s temp high has been revised down to 109°. I’m glad we have central AC….

Johnny West

I saw 109 on the car but wasn’t quick enough to get a photo before it changed.
Our drive to SeaTac was uneventful, thankfully, but it sure took a long time for Peter’s
plane t be assigned a gate.

Our car is dusty…

2EF817A6-0C74-4AB4-A1A7-6573D4DD8B24.jpeg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I saw 109 on the car but wasn’t quick enough to get a photo before it changed.
Our drive to SeaTac was uneventful, thankfully, but it sure took a long time for Peter’s
plane t be assigned a gate.

Our car is dusty…

View attachment 43179
John, I was just reading something on the local Toledo news channel.
It said the stalled heat dome out your way is responsible for our heat.
Gee, thanks a lot. ?

I've kept holed up today aside going out to water the flowers and putting gas in the car. Omg.. grrr
$$$$$

20210628_182639.jpg

Last edited:

Johnny West

I’m glad I can be of some service. I read where cool offshore air is gradually making it’s way inland and by dark things should cool down. It is still supposed to be 90° tomorrow but I can live with that.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I’m glad I can be of some service. I read where cool offshore air is gradually making it’s way inland and by dark things should cool down. It is still supposed to be 90° tomorrow but I can live with that.
Like you said, at least you have central air conditioning.
I can't imagine the people who don't have it.
?

Johnny West

Like you said, at least you have central air conditioning.
I can't imagine the people who don't have it.
?
After we dropped Peter off he said it wasn’t to bad in his house. He opened his windows but will stay here. Tomorrow morning he will go get his work computer and come back and work here. I read where only 1/3 of the people in Seattle have AC. We never got Central air till two years ago.

Johnny West

We got to 108° at the house according to our furnace electronic control. It’s going down now.
I see where it is 111° in Umatilla , OR.

F9843E1B-08AF-4AF6-971E-B9230447297B.jpeg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I had to do a grocery run this morning.

Johnny West mentioned making some polenta the other day, and I started thinking...hmmm, haven't had that in a while. I'm not ambitious enough to make my own, so I bought a polenta log.

I also bought all the stuff to make a black eyed pea salsa to top some crispy polenta rounds, done that before. I have another idea running through my mind too. The other night I took some thick sliced tomatoes, seasoned them with a little salt, Italian seasoning, a little olive oil, and then broiled them. I topped them with provolone cheese and stuck them back under the broiler for a while. I loved them. I'm going to try some of those on top of some crispy polenta rounds too.

Watermelon right now is sooooo good.

We've been getting some rain, so the temps haven't been horrible. I know those horrible temps are coming, though.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Got another box of books from my friend in Rhode Island.
12 in all, but I have my top 4 pick stacked on my nightstand.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Tell me, tell me, what did you get? Judging from what you've posted before, your friend and I seem to like some of the same authors.
A bunch more Kennedy related books and the royals lol
My top 4 of the bunch.
Some I'm sure I've already read. I'll pass them on.
She even sent me a Time magazine article on Prince Philip, that she tore out of the magazine.

20210630_131205.jpg
20210630_131319.jpg
20210630_144202.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I've been piddling with some celery plants.

That's a pretty container!

I've been busy today.
Grocery shopping, then lunch out.
Thought about going to Defiance for their fireworks tonight, but ours here are Sunday night at Glenwood Park, so I'll wait.
Read half a book, saved some documentary programs through my tubi app to watch tonight.
Kasey has been in Pittsburgh for 3 weeks and is coming back midweek.
Jeff asked if I wanted to make the trip.
Wish I knew that BEFORE I committed to half shifts next week.