Zero Carb Pizza

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
If anyone tries this please post results.
I'd like to try it but don't know how soon I'll get a chance to.

Attachments

• NoCarbPizzaCrust.jpg
    NoCarbPizzaCrust.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 9,763

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
So, the whole crust is made of CHEESE????

Oooo baby!

Lee

Leni

Cheese and eggs. I don't know why we need the eggs. Maybe a few but 7 seems like an awful lot. The cheese would melt and crisp up.

Ironman

🍺
Hrmm.. I don't think we can call this concoction with all those eggs a pizza. Cuz when I go to my favorite pizzeria, I know it's gonna be loaded with carbs (I like thick crust). Traditional Pizza has a bread crust. This is like a hotdish and nowhere near a pizza. Just my 2 cents, and I love pizza, but I wouldn't eat this shit. :neutral:

Leni

I made this last night according to the recipe but I only had three cups of cheese. It did not puff up at all. I'll try it again without the eggs or at least a lot fewer. The jury is still out on it. Husband was iffy about it. So was I.

I'm going to have a leftover piece today for lunch. I'll reevaluate it then.

I tend to agree with you Ironman only I like a thin crust. Pizza developed from a flat bread with some sauce on it. It was mostly bread.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
somewhere floating in i-space is a cauliflower crust idea - not tried it - a non-wheat "bread"

Ironman

🍺
I made this last night according to the recipe but I only had three cups of cheese. It did not puff up at all. I'll try it again without the eggs or at least a lot fewer. The jury is still out on it. Husband was iffy about it. So was I.

I'm going to have a leftover piece today for lunch. I'll reevaluate it then.

I tend to agree with you Ironman only I like a thin crust. Pizza developed from a flat bread with some sauce on it. It was mostly bread.

Thick or thin, a crust is a crust! :)

If you wanna cook a proper pizza it should start with flour, yeast and water. Do an overnight rise and after that - put whatever else shit you want on it. Scoot it into a wood fired oven or a preheated stone at an extremely high temp for a few minutes and you have a good pizza.

I have nothing against Doc's recipe only that it shouldn't be included in the "pizza" food group as advertised. :) I'm sure it might even taste good, but if you want a killer pizza you take what comes with it. And that includes carbs, sodium or whatever. I used to make a good homeade pizza in my outdoor wood fired pizza oven and it doesn't have eggs and get baked on a cookie sheet. But I knocked over my oven with my backhoe by accident so ... no more killer pizza. Yes, you might call me a pizza snob I guess. :tongue:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It might not be a proper 'pizza' but it sure tastes like pizza. Cuts like pizza and looks like pizza.
DW made his recipe tonight, exactly as suggested in the image. Then put some homemade sauce, mushroom, pepperoni and a little more cheese sprinkeled on top. It was good. I was shocked. After the reviews here I did not expect much, but was pleasantly surprised. What is normally called the 'crust' did burn, so I saved that for our great dane. Otherwise it was tasty. Might be low carb but I doubt it's low calorie. :yum:

Attachments

• LowCarbPizza.jpg
    LowCarbPizza.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 6,450

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Looks tasty, Doc!

It's amazing what the low-carbers can come up with to get around a load of carbs. I've even seen low-carb chicken and dumplings.

Granny

Looks great. I haven't tried this pizza crust, but I have tried others. To me, the cauliflower crust didn't taste like crust and fell apart. Most of the cheese crusts taste pretty good. Have you ever tried Meatzza? You spread a pound of ground beef in the bottom of the pan like you would a pizza crust. Then you bake it for a few minutes until it is done, but not browned on the top or the bottom. Drain it and add toppings. Pop it back into the oven until the cheese melts. It tastes good and is low carb and without all the eggs.

But I don't make any of those any more. When I get hungry for pizza, I make low carb pizza casserole. I'll post the recipe.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Never tried Meatzza. Looking forward to your Low Carb Pizza Casserole. Even the name sounds good. :D