Your favorite nut?

chowhound

Mojito, filberts are like small, more rounded acorns. Kind of sweet and not real crunchy.
Filberts are good, but I haven't had them since I was a kid and they were in the family's "mixed nut display" around the holiday. I always picked them out first.

Cashews are my favorite plain nut.
But walnuts are right up there, too. Especially if they have a brownie attached to them!

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Not in any real order: pecans, roasted pistachios in the shell, roasted salted peanuts in the shell.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Mojito, filberts are like small, more rounded acorns. Kind of sweet and not real crunchy.
Filberts are good, but I haven't had them since I was a kid and they were in the family's "mixed nut display" around the holiday. I always picked them out first.

Cashews are my favorite plain nut.
But walnuts are right up there, too. Especially if they have a brownie attached to them!

filberts = hazelnuts

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
It's an honor to be voted as a favorite nut, so it's ganging up in a good way. My list:

1. Sattie
2. Pistachio
3/4 Walnuts & Pecans

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Pistachios, cashews (but can't eat a lot of em at one time) and anything honey roasted!
Planters Dry Roasted is pretty good too though.

Mr. Green Jeans

Hey Sattie, a brazilian nuts that's a lot isn't it?
Seriously, most of the hazelnuts/filberts produced in the US are located in the Willamette Valley, OR where I do my nursery thing. They are grown on non irrigated ground, flower in January and are harvested in October with a sweeper apparatus. I like 'em roasted/no salt with dried fruit.