What's the most expensive thing that you bought for your kitchen?

Shermie

Site Supporter
Usually, the dishwasher, stove & fridge are ranked as the most expensive items for the kitchen, but also the stand mixer can be as well. If you have the Hobart N-50 mixer, that is definitely one of them!! New or used! Small appliances being the 3rd most expensive, so what is the thing that's the most expensive in your kitchen? The most expensive thing in mine is more than likely my Vitamix blender, costing over $400! :whistling:

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Nothing to brag about here.
I moved into my apartment 3 years ago and bought a Pioneer Woman's crockpot, a Keurig coffee maker and a microwave oven recently.
My stove and fridge were already furnished.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Nothing to brag about here.
I moved into my apartment 3 years ago and bought a Pioneer Woman's crockpot, a Keurig coffee maker and a microwave oven recently.
My stove and fridge were already furnished.
So were mine. And I don't have a Keurig coffee maker. :(

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Works for me!

20220604_175852.jpg
20220604_175930.jpg
20220604_180002.jpg
20220604_180041.jpg
20220604_180847.jpg

Shermie

Site Supporter
If the fridge here were to bite the dust, it gets replaced & it won't cost me a thing at all!! :whistling:

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Nothing is free. That’s a nice plan you are on…. How would you manage to replace your fridge for nothing???

:whistling:
I'm pretty sure he means the landlord will replace it. He's overlooking the fact that replacements are built into his rent. So it's not free; you're just paying for it a little each month.

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
I'm pretty sure he means the landlord will replace it. You're overlooking the fact that replacements are built into his rent. So it's not free; you're just paying for it a little each month.

It's because I reside in a housing development where I'm on low income & only pay 30% of my income for rent. The stove & toilet were already replaced free of charge. The agreement is that if anything in the bathroom, kitchen, living room or bedroom needs to be replaced & I don't own it, its free of charge. :whistling:

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
The refrigerator was also replaced, but with a smaller one than the one I had & the hood was also replaced, Both of them were free of charge!! :whistling: :whistling: :whistling::whistling:
Frigidaire..jpg
Hood..jpg

Last edited:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We redid our kitchen a few years ago. Fridge was the most expensive appliance and after buying cabinets, countertop and flooring we went cheap on the fridge. Bought a side by side for 2,000 with in door ice dispenser.
Other than all the appliances (fridge, dishwasher, stove, microwave) the most expensive item I can think of is the kitchen aide stand mixer. I think it was in the neighborhood of 300 bucks. It's ten years old so not sure on how much we paid.
So not counting the major appliances or food what are the two most expensive items in your kitchen?

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
We redid our kitchen a few years ago. Fridge was the most expensive appliance and after buying cabinets, countertop and flooring we went cheap on the fridge. Bought a side by side for 2,000 with in door ice dispenser.
Other than all the appliances (fridge, dishwasher, stove, microwave) the most expensive item I can think of is the kitchen aide stand mixer. I think it was in the neighborhood of 300 bucks. It's ten years old so not sure on how much we paid.
So not counting the major appliances or food what are the two most expensive items in your kitchen?
Vitamix A2300 Blender..jpg

Doc, I'd have to say that the most expensive thing that I bought is my Vitamix blender model 2300. These machines are very expensive depending on which model that you buy!!!! Actually, ALL of them are expensive, but they are said to last, & last, & last!!!! :whistling:

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Actually, THIS is the most expensive thing in my kitchen!! It list for over $1,000 new, but I bought one used for over $500, so it is still the most expensive thing, being that it's a commercial mixer!! And that was without the bowl & beaters! Had to buy them all separately!! That brought it up to close to $800!!
:eek: :whistling:
Globe SP08 Miixer 2.jpg

Last edited: