What's for dinner Wednesday, Feb. 9th?

buckytom

Grill Master
i have to work until noon, then stop off at a friend's house before i go home and pass out. dinner will be whatever dw decides after going food shopping. my guess is fish or chicken, either plainly broiled, as always. :yuk:

so what are you cooking or eating for dinner tonight?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Wednesday, 2/9/2011, Whats on the menu today?

I need figure this out soon. I am feeling a bit congested, achy and drowsy. Maybe a nap will help me figure it out.
Any plans?

buckytom

Grill Master
peep, i saw we both started this thread at about the same time, so i merged them.

we both could use a nap. :biggrin:

K

Kimchee

I dunno. Have some de-boned chicken meat, Andouille and Chorizo sausage.
If it were up to me I'd make a Gumbo-Jambalaya concoction.....

But my wife isn't so fond of that genre of yum, sigh.
So the What's For Dinner conundrum remains wrapped in a bacon enigma...

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I have half of a chicken thawing on the counter. Maybe I'll bake it and drown it in Sweet Baby Ray's, and make a potato salad. Time will tell. i have another customer this afternoon ,so I'll figure it out when i get back home.

K

Kimchee

Going to be thrifty and use up leftovers!
Cheesy Velveeta Chicken Enchiladas!
and salad.

Leni

My dads ham and bean soup which turns out to be very close to the Senate Bean soup. Corn bread and what ever else looks good.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I have some thick cut pork chops thawing. I plan to cook them low and slow, and serve them with mashed potatoes and green beans. I'm in the middle of reorganizing my kitchen (yikes!), so it may be a challenge to put dinner on the table. I've also added another coffee shop to my cinnamon roll "business" and just had a call that they need more, so I'll be making cinnamon rolls this evening as well.

mhend

The grocery store had T-Bones on sale so I picked up a couple of those and will probably just broil them. It's supposed to snow again, so I'm not gonna brave the cold to try and grill them. :)

Will probably make either scalloped potatoes or loaded potatoes as a side. Not sure which yet.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I've decided on veal liver with a dried bing cherry and red wine reduction. I'm planning on serving it with the lemon butter potatoes that Publix was making (like the ones Keltin made).

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I hope you take pics of your veal liver, SS - I really like veal or calves' liver, but hubby has such an aversion I can't even bring it into the house. I'll enjoy it vicariously.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
it's nasty dreary here tonight...and Lou just ran out for a pizza with sausage and peppers!

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Well good news and bad news.Since DW got laid off she has been cooking. I miss cooking. Tonight, she is not feeling well. I feel badly about that.

I've got beer can chicken rubbed with fresh sage, rosemary and Thyme in the oven, mashed on the stove and some corn for a veggie.

GotGarlic

I had dinner with a friend at a Turkish restaurant tonight. I had a yummy salad with a vinaigrette dressing and baked shrimp with capers and mozzarella. My friend had grilled chicken with spinach over rice. We shared a wonderful slice of Godiva chocolate cheesecake.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Sorry about your DW, Andy - but the wonderful smell of that chicken might be reviving her! Vera, it is not dreary here, but Jerry just went out for food, also - I barely got my kitchen put back together in order to make cinnamon rolls this evening, so he is off to bag some tacos. I'll cook the pork chops tomorrow. Wish I had some of your Godiva cheesecake, GG. Peeps? How are you feeling?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Karen thank you for asking. I feel kind of achy and congested. I have been sleeping on and off most of the day.

I made tuna salad and egg salad with mayo, chopped celery and onion. We had sandwiches on toasted whole grain bread for dinner.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Had the beef and broccoli thing from a chinese place over white rice and some crab rangoon.
Day from hell at work. Don't ask.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Re: Tuesday 2/8/2011, Whats on your plate?

Veal Liver with Dried Cherry Sauce

Saute the liver for just a minute or two on each side. Remove & keep warm.
Saute shallots until tender.
Deglaze pan with Kirsch. Reduce to a syrup.
Add beef stock and reduce until it coats a spoon.
Toss in dried cherries, (I usually add sauteed mushrooms at this point, but this time I added sliced almonds).
Off heat, swirl in a tablespoon or two of butter.
Spoon sauce over meat.

Attachments

• liver 015.jpg
    liver 015.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 102

abi_csi

The liver looks amazing. I'm having:
Slow roasted local lamb, dauphinoise potatoes and a salsa verde, all cooked for me - even more delicious!

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
That looks really good, SS. You are a truly accomplished cook...I'll bet Jerry would gobble that up. Thanks for posting it.

buckytom

Grill Master
wow, ss. up to your usual standards of excellence again i see. :applause:

god, i want some veal. i, too, am not allowed to make it in the house, and have to negotiate terms for eating it when we go out and it's on the menu.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
god, i want some veal. i, too, am not allowed to make it in the house, and have to negotiate terms for eating it when we go out and it's on the menu.

Yeah. SousChef says she won't eat it either. She reluctantly ate the osso bucco last week and declared she didn't like it. So when I made the veal liver, I just told her it was calf liver. She loved it!.

I lied. Sometimes I'm bad......