What have you eaten Sunday 7/14/2019 to Saturday 7/20/2019?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Med, those pork belly buns look amazing! Did you braise the pork belly?

LT, beautiful crab cake plate!

Lee

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Okay, there's a Chicken Leg & Thigh out since noon............ hopefully it will be ready for the oven by four/four Thirty.... I'll roast a couple of Baby Yukons, and add some onions to the Black Beans that didn't make it into the rice last night.... Some Greens of some sort...... and the last of the Tomato Relish.... I think I'm set !:tiphat:

medtran49

Site Supporter
Med, those pork belly buns look amazing! Did you braise the pork belly?

Lee

Yes. Cut the piece in 2 big chunks to cook. Refrigerated in broth so fat would separate. Took that off. Kept the broth (pork gelatin actually) for a noodle dish later on. Chunked up the pork belly and fried the pieces up a bit to give some crust and warm up obviously.

shhh... I cooked it with the skin on so I sliced that off after cooking, dried it in the oven at 200, then made chicharrones. They were hiding behind the buns.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yes. Cut the piece in 2 big chunks to cook. Refrigerated in broth so fat would separate. Took that off. Kept the broth (pork gelatin actually) for a noodle dish later on. Chunked up the pork belly and fried the pieces up a bit to give some crust and warm up obviously.

shhh... I cooked it with the skin on so I sliced that off after cooking, dried it in the oven at 200, then made chicharrones. They were hiding behind the buns.

Well, I don't know which is the best part!

Love it all!

Thanks!

Lee

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Super Site Supporter
I been working out in the garden all morning- We just had a small (4.4) earthquake.
DD came running out of the house-
Easy Lunch.
Spaghetti Sauce sandwich and an Actifia (Black Cherry)

lilbopeep

Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Deli sandwiches tonight. I had 1/2 of a smoked turkey breast, lettuce & mayo on roll.

Embryodad

Tina picked up two slices of pizza and I had leftover cauliflower.

Lunch was potato soup and crackers from an Aldi market Tina stopped at in Livingston I think?

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Neighbor Lady was frying chicken, and volunteered to do my two pieces....... can't turn THAT down....

Fried Chicken, Roasted Baby Yukons with a dollop of Sour Cream, Chopped Collards and Leftie Black Beans with onion...

Chicken, Fried.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Yesterday:

Brunch after DD went for blood work was grilled american cheese and tomato on sliced bread from farm market. (It is a rectangle loaf of Italian type bread. It was nice and crispy. Great flavor. I will be buying my bread there from now on.) and tomato soup.

Dinner was a deli sandwich - 1/2 a smoked turkey breast, lettuce and mayo on a long roll.

Today may be Homemade Chicken Mei fun.

We are having car problems (which started after we got home from LabCorp yesterday) and DD needs to go get a chest X Ray. So not sure how this will play out. :sad:

medtran49

Site Supporter
Pork tacos, green rice and refried black beans. Pork was roasted in a mixture of orange juice, achiote paste, garlic, cilantro and a serrano, then shredded. Used up the homemade corn tortillas.

Embryodad

Tina is at the farm market now; getting potatoes and eggplant, to make Moussaka.

We love eggplant. I prepared my hot cherry peppers, diced, and with minced garlic and olive oil. Ummmm!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Ferget IT !

Not firing up any heat producers today...... Over ninety, big bad Tropical Storm residue might yank some of this away later, but I ain't taking no chance.... the BIG salad tonight, or, if you prefer, Antipasto.....

:clap::applause::flowers:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
It’s 103F heat index. No cooking. Chinese delivery for lunch. Dinner was Brie and blue cheese on stoned wheat crackers. Thunder storms in the forecast for later.

Sass Muffin

#coffeefreak
Gold Site Supporter
It’s 103F heat index. No cooking. Chinese delivery for lunch. Dinner was Brie and blue cheese on stoned wheat crackers. Thunder storms in the forecast for later.
Peeps, its supposed to be near 114 with the heat index here this weekend.
It's 99 right now and just miserable outside.
Nothing really heavy sounds good to either myself or DIL.
I rubbed the salmon and cooked it quickly in olive oil, the potatoes were nuked.
Lol