What are you eating Sunday 9/15/2024 to Saturday 9/21/2024?

Embryodad

Picked up an eye round roast yesterday (had $2.00 off coupon). So that may be dinner tonight.
Peeps, I remember my mom cooking an eye round roast, and she would make slits in the roast, and then she shoved small toes of garlic into the roast in like 12 or so times; depending on size of the roast.
That was the tastiest roast ever. .... God rest her soul!

Embryodad

Tina mommy made a giant pot of Tomato sauce... ( The Sunday Sauce / Gravy ) .... with cubes of pork for flavor, added Hot Sausage, lagonaga sausages, and plain sausage. Meatballs in the sauce, and fried to nibble on.
Growing up, we never had plain / sweet as some call it sausage. It was always HOT sausage.
So, the kids are coming over for supper. I'm sure there will plenty for them to take home for later in the week.

lilbopeep

🌹 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Tina mommy made a giant pot of Tomato sauce... ( The Sunday Sauce / Gravy ) .... with cubes of pork for flavor, added Hot Sausage, lagonaga sausages, and plain sausage. Meatballs in the sauce, and fried to nibble on.
Growing up, we never had plain / sweet as some call it sausage. It was always HOT sausage.
So, the kids are coming over for supper. I'm sure there will plenty for them to take home for later in the week.
I used to love when mom made gravy. I always got a piece of “gravy” bread with grated cheese on it to hold over till dinner.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Breakfast was Trader Joe's pumpkin pancakes (GF mix) with butter and syrup, and corned beef hash

pumpkin_pancakes_091524_1_IMG_3004.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Crockpotted a little 2 lb. chuck roast with onions, garlic and a handful of my dried mushrooms. Always spectacular!

It's been a lovely day today! Got my new cable box installed, perfect 3 hours at the beach, exciting Patriots game, cocktails in the back yard with Kathy, easy and delicious dinner tonight. Will watch the first part of the Emmys with a glass of cab.

Lee

pot roast.jpg

pot roast plated.jpg

Johnny West

What is bee sting cake? It looks really good.
It’s a cake common and popular in Germany. This is not the recipe she used but it gives you the jist.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It’s a cake common and popular in Germany. This is not the recipe she used but it gives you the jist.

Nancy's looked better!

I would have been happy with a soft pretzel and a brat. And a beer or two.

Lee

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Thank you.