What are you eating Sunday 7/16/2023 to Saturday 7/22/2023?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
That's it!
Now I have to try and take a nap.
IMG_20230716_155019829.jpg

lilbopeep

🌹 🍉 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Pardon my naivete, but what's Taylor ham?
Taylor Ham is a Jersey thing. It's pork roll. It is on just about every breakfast menu in New Jersey.

John Taylor of Trenton didn't invent pork roll until 1856. He first called it Taylor ham, but federal legislation declared that ham is a specific cut of pork. Taylor changed the name to pork roll in 1906, and while the original name stuck in the northern part of the state, folks further south still call it pork roll.Feb 27, 2023

New Jersey pork roll or Taylor ham: What do you call it​

taylor-ham-3.jpg

ham.png

Ironman

🍺
Taylor Ham is a Jersey thing. It's pork roll. It is on just about every breakfast menu in New Jersey.

John Taylor of Trenton didn't invent pork roll until 1856. He first called it Taylor ham, but federal legislation declared that ham is a specific cut of pork. Taylor changed the name to pork roll in 1906, and while the original name stuck in the northern part of the state, folks further south still call it pork roll.Feb 27, 2023

New Jersey pork roll or Taylor ham: What do you call it

View attachment 59469
View attachment 59470
Interesting! I remember Mountain Man talking highly about it and being an east coast thing. I’ll have to see if I can find it in the Midwest somewhere.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter

New Jersey pork roll or Taylor ham: What do you call it

View attachment 59469
View attachment 59470
Thank you! 🥰

Embryodad

I made Minestra with white little beans. I had 4 bunches of Romain lettuce; so I used that.
My gram used to make it just about every day for lunch.
Because it was greens, she thought it was full of Iron. ( Fe ) "It was full alright!"
More like full of CRAP. But all in all, I liked it.
IMG_2392.jpg
IMG_2392.jpg

lilbopeep

🌹 🍉 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Going to be hot, so I'm planning on making stew in the Instant Pot. I'm using chuck stew beef cubes. I only need to brown beef cubes and a little veg prep. Stew in 35 – 45 minutes and no hot kitchen. Well, that's the plan, so long as my hands cooperate.