Wednesday, 5/25/2011, Whats on the menu today?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I took a pork loin out to thaw. So dinner will be pork loin either as roasted or cut into chops, broccoli (and carrots maybe) and mac and cheese.

Breakfast was – Scrambled eggs, bacon, sliced tomato, seeded rye toast and hot tea.

052511_breakfast.jpg

Any plans?

Nancy-MD

Nummy num num Peep! I made bacon, cheese and tomato sandwiches on Pepperidge Farm Swirl bread (rye and pumpernickel). It was yummy too.

I don't have a clue what I'm cooking today. Gotta open the freezer and see if anything jumps out at me.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Nummy num num Peep! I made bacon, cheese and tomato sandwiches on Pepperidge Farm Swirl bread (rye and pumpernickel). It was yummy too.

I don't have a clue what I'm cooking today. Gotta open the freezer and see if anything jumps out at me.
Thank you Nan.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
No clue for dinner. I just stopped home for a sandwich before going to my next call. DW is off this afternoon, so maybe she has some ideas.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Looking like leftovers here. We have some meatloaf leftover from Monday night, and some pork rib roast from last night. Add some new sides, and it looks like dinner is set.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Beautiful Peepers!

I took some pork chops out of the freezer last night so I'm thinking breaded pork chops. Maybe fried potatoes and brussels sprouts for the sides.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Beautiful Peepers!

I took some pork chops out of the freezer last night so I'm thinking breaded pork chops. Maybe fried potatoes and brussels sprouts for the sides.
Thank you Mama!

K

Kimchee

Wife had no input, and we are picking up the hound from the vet tonight, so I opted for easy...

PIZZA! YAY! We found some pretty decent pre-made thin crusts at Costco, and Im
topping one with pepperoni, dry salami, fancy black olives, and whatever I can find!

And a salad for the healthy part.

(Those Costco free samples work.. I'd never have purchased these crusts otherwise.)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Wife had no input, and we are picking up the hound from the vet tonight, so I opted for easy...

topping one with pepperoni, dry salami, fancy black olives, and whatever I can find!

(Those Costco free samples work.. I'd never have purchased these crusts otherwise.)
That sounds yummy!! Kalamata olives?

Phiddlechik

Quick-thawed a porterhouse, browned it, browned some onion, carrot, garlic, green pepper, added some tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, pepperoni slices (quartered). Seasoned with "Italian Seasoning" (yep.) and braised it all day. Served with some home made mac and cheese: using up leftovers of asiago, It. blend, Mexican blend, mozzarell, all shredded). Made a bechamel, added the grated cheese.
mmmmmm.

Attachments

• DSCN3841.jpg
    DSCN3841.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 121

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Quick-thawed a porterhouse, browned it, browned some onion, carrot, garlic, green pepper, added some tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, pepperoni slices (quartered). Seasoned with "Italian Seasoning" (yep.) and braised it all day. Served with some home made mac and cheese: using up leftovers of asiago, It. blend, Mexican blend, mozzarell, all shredded). Made a bechamel, added the grated cheese.
mmmmmm.
That looks yummy PC!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Dinner - Pan fried boneless pork loin chops & pan gravy, Kraft home style mac and cheese sprinkled with bread crumb topping and steamed and buttered fresh broccoli.

052511_pork_chop_mac_cheese.jpg

Embryodad

Dinner - Pan fried boneless pork loin chops & pan gravy, Kraft home style mac and cheese sprinkled with bread crumb topping and steamed and buttered fresh broccoli.

Nice again peep..

I see that butter peeking at me from inside the broccoli...LOL..

Embryodad

mmmmmm.

Ohhhhhh! How tasty looking.. :a1: Great tomato texture..

Great way to eat steak...
We used to just throw a Gaggle of browned beef, pork, and veal cubes in the sauce, and let it simmer all day..
It has its rewards for sure.

Embryodad

:readytoeat:

Jimmy played "Can Man" for supper tonight!

Sardines in olive oil...swimming around my hot peppers, and a "Lump Of Provalone Cheese" to Knaw on like a Chipmunk!

Found Two KFC Left over Biscuits in a bag on the counter.

It sufficed...
e478f61a.jpg

After the Cat ran away from the vapors from the fish can.... I had a few Italian Anisette Cookies...and one with the tacky Cherry dot thumbprint. I love them.

4401b5d8.jpg

I loved the "Stella D'Oro cookies when they used to have the star cookies with the hard cherry center.
They don't make them anymore...:sad:

And my favorite was the Sesame Seed Cookies, and They are not made anymore..:sad: :sad:

mhend

Grilled Chicken with grilled potatoes, onions and mushrooms and fresh corn. Oh and the rest of the tomato salad from last night.

DSC_0011.jpg

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Gorgeous dinner Peeps! Loving those chops, and that broccoli is perfect!

And uh...........that PLATE.....WOO-HOO! I love it. Can I "borrow" it, just for a bit?????

Nancy-MD

Good to know about the pre-made crusts at Costco. I'll have to look for those. Thanks!
mmmmmm.
Oh yum! That looks so good!

Delicious, Peep!
:readytoeat:

Jimmy played "Can Man" for supper tonight!

Sardines in olive oil...swimming around my hot peppers, and a "Lump Of Provalone Cheese" to Knaw on like a Chipmunk!

Found Two KFC Left over Biscuits in a bag on the counter.

It sufficed...
e478f61a.jpg

After the Cat ran away from the vapors from the fish can.... I had a few Italian Anisette Cookies...and one with the tacky Cherry dot thumbprint. I love them.

4401b5d8.jpg

I loved the "Stella D'Oro cookies when they used to have the star cookies with the hard cherry center.
They don't make them anymore...:sad:

And my favorite was the Sesame Seed Cookies, and They are not made anymore..:sad: :sad:
My cat won't eat sardines either.
I love your collection of coffee cups!
Grilled Chicken with grilled potatoes, onions and mushrooms and fresh corn. Oh and the rest of the tomato salad from last night.

View attachment 11874
Oh that looks so good!

Last edited:

Nancy-MD

I made a pizza just for me today. My DH does not think pizza is for supper. I pan fried a ribeye steak for him and reheated leftover green beans and mac and cheese from yesterday. And I got my pizza jones satisfied. We still have loads left for snack later.

Attachments

• pizza 002.jpg
    pizza 002.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 116
  • pizza 003.jpg
    pizza 003.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 118

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I made a pizza just for me today. My DH does not think pizza is for supper. I pan fried a ribeye steak for him and reheated leftover green beans and mac and cheese from yesterday. And I got my pizza jones satisfied. We still have loads left for snack later.

Gorgeous pizza Nancy! That looks incredible!!! I'll take two please! :clap: