TGIFriday, 5/6/2011, Whats on the menu today?

Carolina Cooking

well on my menu for the day, I will say I am pretty sure I am in big trouble. :cry:

Going to DR this morning. I have been eating all the wrong food & not watching my portion control. My Aic will be off the chart.

Peep is there a chat area on here? I saw one but no one one is posting anything.

Dinner might be celery stick with the 2T of PB I am allowed :ohmy:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
oh, i'm so sleepy dinnner is nary a burden to be contended w/ until wayyy later on tonite.
made a butter-browned piece of tilapia for brekkie.
now i'm returning to my peaceful state of slumber & hiding beneath my comfortor for as many hours as is feasible.
nite! (morning?!)

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Peep is there a chat area on here? I saw one but no one one is posting anything.

Well, I'm not Peepers but we do have a chat forum. It's located Here. Feel free to jump in on any ongoing conversations or there is a thread starter button at the top left of the forum where you can start a conversation on any topic you'd like. Make yourself at home. We don't have a lot of strict rules here...we're a bunch of easy going folks. If something accidentally gets posted in the wrong place, one of the mods will just move it, it's not a big deal. You're gonna find this forum is the most welcoming and friendly cooking forum that can be found anywhere.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
well on my menu for the day, I will say I am pretty sure I am in big trouble. :cry:

Going to DR this morning. I have been eating all the wrong food & not watching my portion control. My Aic will be off the chart.

Dinner might be celery stick with the 2T of PB I am allowed :ohmy:
YES Barb there is a chat forum!! LOL As a matter of fact I started a "Good day" thread come visit. Click here >> Good Day Everyone!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Well I picked up a 9/lb boneless pork loin total cost $18.00. So I will cut that into about 6 (4 person) meals and vac seal. I am thinking for tonight - thin pork cutlets pounded, breaded and fried. Probably mashed taters and carrots (maybe peas also).

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'm getting 1/2 a a meatball sammich from my local bar- i'm hooked on thier food. the dear lady that makes them is well over 80, & her food shows her knowledge/experience so very well- it's delicious!~

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Go to your User CP, on the left you will see "Networking", under that, click on "Group Memberships" click on the groups that you want to belong to.
OH MAMA!! You got all the answers!! LOL

Dinner plans may change again. DD wants pancakes/waffles.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Right now it's looking like shrimp cocktail and cocktails... It's still Friday, even down here!!:whistling:

K

Kimchee

Had Nachos last night....
darn the bad luck, so much leftover that we are having them again tonight.

It was spooky... we just sat down to fill our pieholes with NACHOS... and a commercial
came on:
"IT IS OK IF YOU WANT TO HAVE AN APPETIZER AS YOUR MAIN MEAL......"

kid you not. Big Business Brother is watching us!!!!!!! ;)

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Sloppy Joes, buffalo potato wedges and a salad is on the menu for tonight.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
We had a big breakfast this morning, we skipped lunch, so I made dinner a little early tonight.

Attachments

• sloppy-joes-buffalo-wedges.jpg
    sloppy-joes-buffalo-wedges.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 156

Guts

going on the diet today, making a pizza and getting ready to watch the NASCAR race.

mama that sure does look good even though I'm not a big ground beef fan. What's on the salad? That looks like those dried onions that come in a can that you use on green bean casserole.also, if you don't mind what seasoning did you put on your fries.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Peepers!

Thanks Guts...and that's what they are, french fried onions. I love them on salads.

I posted the potato wedges recipe for you here

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Corn and bacon waffles, over easy eggs and bacon

050611_waffles.jpg

I want Mama's dinner!!

SilverSage

Resident Crone
We ate light.

Chicken thighs on the grill with a honey-mustard-rosemary glaze.
Coleslaw on the side.

Attachments

• honey mustard chix 003.jpg
    honey mustard chix 003.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 142

Guts

thanks mama old Bay seasoning and potato flakes and a pinch of cayenne Parmesan cheese. sounds good to me. I think French fried onion was just a lucky guess on my part, but sounds good. I'll have to try it sometime.

Tonight's pie was sausage, onion, red bell pepper and sun dried tomatoes (that is what is burnt on the top of the pie.) made with a sourdough skin. This is my first pizza in a long time been dieting, and I might go all the way have ice cream with a hot caramel topping for dessert.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 129
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 134
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 135

Guts

peeps Silver Sage and Nancy your dinners look fantastic, I so enjoy seeing pictures in this daily thread. Great job guys and gals...

mhend

Mama - love those sloppy joe's and the taters look awesome! Peeps - those eggs look perfect and your chicken thigh look delicious SS. Guts and Nancy - your dinners look wonderful too! That pizza is calling to me! :)

We grilled ribeyes tonight with buttered egg noodles with mushrooms, peas and parmesean cheese (from the Green can.) :yum:

DSC_0402.jpg

Nancy-MD

In my opinion, a ribeye is one of the most perfect foods on the earth! You can never go wrong with a ribeye steak. And I LOVE the cheese in the green can!

Winner!

Carolina Cooking

all this food is sooooooo great..:applause:

that pizza crust caught my eye.. Homemade??? Nice & crispy & full of air holes .. just like I like it.

My grocery shopping list is getting longer by the minute.

Oh & count me in on the Green Can :laugh: :laugh:

$22 . lb for the other stuff is not in my budget..

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
This is the best looking dinner thread we've had in a while! Great job everyone! :clap: Everything looks amazing!

Carolina Cooking

Mama

I copied your breadmachine bread recipes yesterday .. I'll be getting my groove on making bread this week end..

I have a huge fondness for my machine.:thumb:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Great! I hope you like them. Our resident bread expert is JoeV. He doesn't use a bread machine though, he uses a KA mixer. His breads are amazing. He's posted bunches of pictures in the "what are you baking today" thread. You ought to check them out when you have time.