Sunday..08/07/11..What's To Eat?

Embryodad

I've got chili sauce cooking on the stove slowly.....

Planning to have chilli cheese dogs...
Baked beans...and maybe some foil pouch potatoes for mommy Tina.

So what by Y O U ? ? ?

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Pursuant to DD's request for her 32nd. birthday, I'm making a Lake Erie perch fish fry (breaded) with pan fried redskins tossed in buttered Italian style bread crumbs and sweet & creamy coleslaw. Birthday cake for dessert.

Embryodad

Pursuant to DD's request for her 32nd. birthday, I'm making a Lake Erie perch fish fry (breaded) with pan fried redskins tossed in buttered Italian style bread crumbs and sweet & creamy coleslaw. Birthday cake for dessert.
Happy Birthday to DD of JoeV......

Uhh? an an an You are gonna make the cake too?

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i have crabcakes on my mind; (there's a pound of crabmeat in the fridge waiting to be opened), roasted corn w/ chiles, & maybe either a 'lil spinach timbale or asparagus.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh luvs, you have a whole pound of crab in your refrigerator? What a gold mine!

Joe, your dinner sounds delightful, and also the eggplant lasagna, CC. Yummmm. Chili cheese dogs, Jimmy. Sound delicious.

I'm very lucky we are having a reasonable cool day...our Mexican neighbors from across the street are coming to dinner tonight. Also, an American friend who speaks better Spanish than we do, and DD. So I'm making something typically American for dinner...uh...Italian. But I'm sure that this is not a dish you can buy in any restaurant around here. They are from Guadalajara, so maybe they have had it, however. I'm making a scrumptious Italian porchetta, my spinach/garlic mashed potato casserole, a big green salad and some foccacia bread. The pork is slow cooking, the potato casserole is in the frig, the bread is baked. Mama's banana praline bundt cake and home made vanilla ice cream for dessert.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
DD's birthday dinner. I made Panko breaded Lake Erie perch, pan fried redskins in buttered bread crumbs & Italian seasoning, and Grandma Gibbons sweet coleslaw. Me and DW made a chocolate cake with vanilla pudding & strawberry filling, with DW's mock whipped cream frosting. More strawberries to finish.

P1030845.jpg

DSIL has a rather determined look in his eyes, and hopes the picture taking will soon be over, and the eating begin.:readytoeat: Our DS is in San Francisco for work fr the next 2-1/2 weeks, but his GF Catie joined us to celebrate.

P1030844.jpg

Alexa helping Mommy blow out her candles.

P1030848.jpg

The cake was very good and very moist. We made everyone take some home so there would be no temptation remaining.

P1030851.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
change in dinner tonite- i went & got groceries. soooo, i shucked some oysters as an appy, w/ a squeeze of lemon & a sprinkling of seasalt.after those i made a delmonico, a few different colors of halved boiled potato, pencil asparagus w/ buerre noisette, & garnished w/ a cherub tomato-

Attachments

• IMG_0850223.jpg
    IMG_0850223.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0854224.jpg
    IMG_0854224.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 117

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Everything looks wonderful Joe!

Chili dogs sound wonderful Jimmy!

I'm so craving some crab cakes Luvs and I'll bet yours are delicious!

I've never had eggplant lasagna either but if you're making it Carolina, it would have to be good!

Karen, I wish I was your neighbor! That makes my heart smile that you think enough of my cake to serve to your guests!

I'm still pretty tired from the past couple of days so dinner tonight was courtesy of Sam's Club. I picked up one of their rotisserie chickens, they had some packaged, ready for the oven scalloped potatoes in the refrigerator section and a steamer bag of broccoli from the freezer section.

Attachments

• dinner08072011.jpg
    dinner08072011.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 122

Embryodad

OK.. I tried 3 times to post, and I could not connect to the server..here goes again...

Had the chili dogs and beans.

Beans were VanCamps in the can...too mushy! No more. that's it for that brand, and they used to be good.

4c13a538.jpg

Mommy's Dish...beans on cardboard are not my favorite!
c7a0ab81.jpg

My Dog loaded with my favorite Black Pepper!
137459f0.jpg

I cut the pie...figure out which piece is Jimmy Boy's?
726d42e6.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
& karen, yeah, i have the canned type, though, not the fresh-fresh. i keep cans of them in the fridge most of the time. they have diferrent types, & they place them on sale pretty often.
mama, despite my not making those crabcakes, my stomach is whistling a tune of happiness!

Attachments

• IMG_0874229.jpg
    IMG_0874229.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 119

Embryodad

DD's birthday dinner. I made Panko breaded Lake Erie perch, pan fried redskins in buttered bread crumbs & Italian seasoning, and Grandma Gibbons sweet coleslaw. Me and DW made a chocolate cake with vanilla pudding & strawberry filling, with DW's mock whipped cream frosting. More strawberries to finish.

P1030845.jpg

DSIL has a rather determined look in his eyes, and hopes the picture taking will soon be over, and the eating begin.:readytoeat: Our DS is in San Francisco for work fr the next 2-1/2 weeks, but his GF Catie joined us to celebrate.

P1030844.jpg

Alexa helping Mommy blow out her candles.

P1030848.jpg

The cake was very good and very moist. We made everyone take some home so there would be no temptation remaining.

P1030851.jpg

Precious Family JoeV....... Great celebration, and the little one is so precious...

change in dinner tonite- i went & got groceries. soooo, i shucked some oysters as an appy, w/ a squeeze of lemon & a sprinkling of seasalt.after those i made a delmonico, a few different colors of halved boiled potato, pencil asparagus w/ buerre noisette, & garnished w/ a cherub tomato-

Wow! luvs, another masterful example of cooking. Great job girl!

Everything looks wonderful Joe!

Chili dogs sound wonderful Jimmy!

I'm so craving some crab cakes Luvs and I'll bet yours are delicious!

I've never had eggplant lasagna either but if you're making it Carolina, it would have to be good!

Karen, I wish I was your neighbor! That makes my heart smile that you think enough of my cake to serve to your guests!

I'm still pretty tired from the past couple of days so dinner tonight was courtesy of Sam's Club. I picked up one of their rotisserie chickens, they had some packaged, ready for the oven scalloped potatoes in the refrigerator section and a steamer bag of broccoli from the freezer section.

Great meal plan there Mama....Sam's club makes it to the table here sometimes. Tina Baby was there this morning for chocolate and corn muffins .....Huge and good..not that sweet either.

Yeah! the chili dogs were long overdue. I could eat them every day, but Dr. Tina doesn't like me eating all those nitrates and nitrites...

PanchoHambre

braised chuck steak and mashed potatoes just getting started home and winding down from a trip to Atlantic City for my birthday. Woke up to this view this morning from the suite. I could get used to it
picture.php

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thanx, embryodad!
i luv chili-cheese dogs w/onion. the pie, is that a custard pie, or........ looks like my kinda dessert, anyhow

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PANCHO!!!!! Looks like you had a really nice time! Beautiful view!!!!

I don't know how I missed your pics Luvs! You dinner looks amazing! You are quite a chef! :applause:

Thanks Jimmy...it hit the spot. That's some perfect looking chili. Have you posted the recipe?

mhend

I gotta post quick because it's bedtime for the kids. But let me say that everyone's meals look fantastic! :thumb:

I went to Publix today and their salmon looked really good so I picked up three of the middle pieces (we had a friend over for dinner too) and some shrimp for DH. I picked up some of Paul Prudhomme's Salmon Seasoning and used that to season the fish.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000CDBRM/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0000CDBRN&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1051Q7NT1Q8RRHDH7J6W[/ame]

I grilled the seafood along with some veggies and mushrooms and picked up a cantaloupe too. :)

DSC_0005.jpg

Embryodad

thanx, embryodad!
i luv chili-cheese dogs w/onion. the pie, is that a custard pie, or........ looks like my kinda dessert, anyhow
Coconut Custard Pie. It's my favorite pie.

Tina gets them at a farm stand in south jersey, and they get them from a bakery frozen in Philly someplace and just throgh them in the oven to bake. They are awesome.

The chili dogs are my favorite too. I would love to get me some foot longs, but I havn't seen them in years. They sell them on line, but who knows how good they are.

Embryodad

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PANCHO!!!!! Looks like you had a really nice time! Beautiful view!!!!

I don't know how I missed your pics Luvs! You dinner looks amazing! You are quite a chef! :applause:

Thanks Jimmy...it hit the spot. That's some perfect looking chili. Have you posted the recipe?[/QUOTE]

No..but I will...if I can find it in the computers. LOL

homecook

Everyones dinner looks fantastic!! They all are star quality.:thumb:

Burger with onions, mushrooms, bacon, and Swiss. Lettuce, tomato and chipolte sour cream. Baked potato with chipolte sour cream and onion, cucumber, green pepper and tomato salad with Italian dressing. Corn on the cob also.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 116

Embryodad

homecook...I'm hungry again looking at that burger. Yummm!

Mommy just bought trimmings this evening at the Weis market before closing.
She and I agreed...tomorrow it will be burgers with bacon and swiss and tomato.
I like a very very thin slice paper thin of onion if it is sweet variety.
Sometimes a slice of hard salami ..... or Genova salami

Guts

everybody's dinner looks great and Joe happy birthday to your daughter the cake looks delicious.

I did Mexican tonight Carney Asada torta, Carney Asada taco and been tostada. the corn tortilla for the Carney asado taco was not fried, but heated on a stove top gas burner this is a way I generally make my tacos. The only time I fry taco shells is when I use brisket or string beef or chicken tacos. the torta [Mexican for sandwich] I split and put under the broiler to toast before adding beans, cheese Carney Asada lettuce and pico de gallo salsa. The tostada tortilla was fried then beans, cheese, lettuce and pico de gallo salsa again.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 109

Mr. Green Jeans

Brined and grilled some split chicken breasts tossed a few ears of corn on the grill as well and had a pot of baked beans slow cooking in the oven.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
mama, lol, ditzy mode on! i'd clicked on the reply button & then realized a second later that i'd not attached the pix! thankx for making me smile.

embryodad, that's 1 of maybe 4 pies i'll ingest. yum!