4 c fresh spinach- chopped
1/4 c whole cashews
3/4 t ginger
1/4 t paprika
1/8 t garlic powder
1/8 t cumin
1/8 t cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste

In a medium sized pot, cover the potatoes with water and bring to a boil.
Reduce and simmer, partially covered til tender when pierced with a fork.
Drain and return to pot, using a hand mixer to whip until smooth.
Set aside.

In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat and saute onion and garlic for a few minutes.
Add spinach and lemon juice and cook til spinach wilts.
Set aside.

Grind cashews into a powder, then add the spinach mixture and seasonings into the sweet potato mixture.
Season with salt and pepper.

Johnny West

Last night’s colcannon…

“I started with this. Boiled Yukon gold potatoes that weren’t sprouted or rotten until very soft. Pulled them out of the water and threw chopped kale into potato water (was little over 1 1/2 inch left in pan), then the onion per recipe. Smashed potatoes, added butter, and then scooped kale and onion from the water. I used the potato, kale and onion water in place of milk or cream. Used a whole bunch of onion cause I like the flavor.”

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Last night’s colcannon…

“I started with this. Boiled Yukon gold potatoes that weren’t sprouted or rotten until very soft. Pulled them out of the water and threw chopped kale into potato water (was little over 1 1/2 inch left in pan), then the onion per recipe. Smashed potatoes, added butter, and then scooped kale and onion from the water. I used the potato, kale and onion water in place of milk or cream. Used a whole bunch of onion cause I like the flavor.”

Aha! I THOUGHT she may have used kale, as it was a much brighter green than cabbage! Nice - thanks John and Nancy!

Lee