Salade Nicoise

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I had to jump on the Salade Nicoise bandwagon this month, too. That delicious dressing on the side.

And a glass of Zin.

I have enough for another one this week, too!

Lee

Attachments

• Nicoise.JPG
    Nicoise.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 258

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Luv, luv nicoise-- I have my Parent's 1970's nostalgia recipe & 1 we were taught @ school that they put a modern twist on, & that uses tuna steak & quail egg & pencil asparagi & thus-- both rock to me--

lilbopeep

Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I had to jump on the Salade Nicoise bandwagon this month, too. That delicious dressing on the side.

And a glass of Zin.

I have enough for another one this week, too!

Lee

Beautiful Lee!! What dressing did you use?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Beautiful Lee!! What dressing did you use?

Peep, I used the dressing in the recipe I posted. It's great!

Lee

1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/2 shallot, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
Freshly ground pepper
3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil

Make the dressing: Whisk the vinegar, shallot, mustard, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a bowl. Whisk in the olive oil in a slow, steady stream until emulsified.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
My take on Salade Nicoise

I made a few changes - I added some anchovy fillets, made string bean salad (rather than just cooked beans), steamed the red potatoes (then tossed them with splash of white vinegar while hot), grape tomatoes and used Kalamata olives (they were on hand and I couldn't find Nicoise olives when I went shopping).

picture.php

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Beautiful plate, Peep! :clap:

When I read about the potatoes splashed with vinegar, my mouth flooded, LOL!

How did your family like the arranged salad?

Lee

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Beautiful plate, Peep! :clap:

When I read about the potatoes splashed with vinegar, my mouth flooded, LOL!

How did your family like the arranged salad?

Lee
Thank you Lee. Just plain beans and potatoes sounded boring to me. So I just had to jazz them up. PLUS I steamed them in the Instant Pot. I also cooked the eggs in the IP. I steam just about all my veggies in the IP or microwave. IP sweet potatoes are fantastic. They are so hard to peel. BUT all I do is cut them in half long way and steam in IP. The skin just falls off.

That's my plate above. DD wanted to do hers and hubs plate herself. She complained theirs didn't look as good. :biggrin:

Johnny West

The green beans this year have been horrible - I ate a few and threw the rest in the compost. I'm glad I didn't pay a lot for them.

Tonight's dressing was excellent -: 1/4 cup white wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon dry thyme, 1/2 tsp salt, 2 Tbs Dijon mustard, 2 Tbs finely chopped red onion, and 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil. I drizzled the oil in while whipping the crap out of it. I then let it rest in the refer for over an hour.

Attachments

• #Salade Nicosie.jpg
    #Salade Nicosie.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 303

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Unseasonably hot weather in Boston and I had everything for this except for the olives. However, I had a jar of tapenade that I'd bought at a festival this summer.

Spectacular!

Here's tonight's photo. :wink:

Lee

Attachments

• Nicoise.JPG
    Nicoise.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 299

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Planning on making this within a few days. I bought everything but it depends on how I am feeling.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Another summer favorite that I wanted to have before the season ended.

It's SO good!

Lee

Attachments

• nicoise.JPG
    nicoise.JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 257