Streusel Topping;

Ingredients;

6 T. softened butter.

1/2 cup sifted all-purpose flour.

1 cup light brown sugar, packed.

1/2 t. cinnamon.

1/2 t. nutmeg.

Directions;

Preheated oven to about 350 degrees. Grease or spray with cooking spray, an 8" or 9" cake pan, round or square.

in medium mixing bowl, cream butter with small portable eloectric mixer until almost opague. Add sugar gradually, and continue beating until mixture is light and fluffy.

Add egg, milk and vanilla extract. Continue beating. Gradually add sifted dry ingredients and beat until all ingredients are incorporated. Set aside.

Meanwhile, combine all ingredients in small mixing bowl for Streusel. Mash together with large spoon to incorporated all the ingredients.

Spread half of batter into prepared pan to the sides. Sprinkle half of streusel onto batter. Add remaining half of batter on top of streusel. Sprinkle remaining half of streusel on top of remaining batter.

Bake in oven for about 25 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out dry. Remove from oven. Cool cake in pan. Remove from pan, if desired, and finish coooling on a cake rack. Enjoy!

Attachments

• 52 052.jpg
    52 052.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 142

Shermie

Site Supporter
You're welcome! I want to do it, but I'm out of milk! Have to go get some.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Mmmm MMMM!

Nothing more comforting and delicious than a homemade coffeecake!

Looks luscious!

Lee

Shermie

Site Supporter
You're welcome!

Still a little bit of tweaking to be done. Needs just a tad more milk. The recommended amount left it a bit too dry!

I'll increase the milk a little next time.