Queen Elizabeth

Johnny West

News presenters are wearing black ties which has been purported a sign she has passed but no official announcement.

D1A3C6F6-DD2A-4FCB-BF03-A363DFEE94DB.jpeg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Rest in peace, Your Majesty.
The BBC announced her passing.

I printed out the drawing that John posted, but everytime I even think of it, I start to cry.

My father and I toast the Queen every night at cocktail hour. We clink then raise our glasses "to the Queen!" in the direction of the little statue we have. We will continue to do so, adding, "and long live the King!"

Lee

IMG_8215.JPG

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I stayed up pretty late last night listening to a BBC World Service podcast.
Wow, it was wonderful hearing the old news reel events, along with guest interviews.
What a wonderful long life full of historic events.
Steve and I went down to London at least 2-3 times a year, either by car or train.
We caught the Trooping The Colour once.
Her majesty was a tiny woman!

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
On Her Majesty's Service.
Man, the postal service nor anything else will say that anymore.
😊

Therein is every important document and piece of paperwork that is saved and sacred to me.
My British passport, immigration papers, our marriage license, my EN nursing cert.
British driver's license, many photos, and sadly Steven's death certificate.
Oh yeah, my old National Health card, postcards...etc..

20220912_143006.jpg

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
On Her Majesty's Service.
Man, the postal service nor anything else will say that anymore.
😊

Therein is every important document and piece of paperwork that is saved and sacred to me.
My British passport, immigration papers, our marriage license, my EN nursing cert.
British driver's license, many photos, and sadly Steven's death certificate.
Oh yeah, my old National Health card, postcards...etc..

View attachment 52629
Wow!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Wow indeed.
I just spent quite some time on Facebook sharing the content with family and friends who'd never seen what is inside the envelope until now.
We have a private family group.
This post isn't about me, it's more about how things are going to change with Her Majesty passing.
They understood that.
😉

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
There is a Book of Condolence that can be signed here.

View attachment 52668View attachment 52669

Very cool! Thank you, Sass!

Here is the message I just sent:

"For many years, my 91-year-old father and I have toasted “To the Queen” every night at our cocktail hour. We are Anglophiles and have particularly admired Her Majesty.

One of our friends snapped a photo of our toasting, and we sent the picture to the Queen with a note of explanation, expressing our admiration.

We received a reply from Balmoral! A Lady in Waiting wrote to say that the Queen was amused and requested that we receive a note, thanking us for our support. We cherish the note.

Dad and I still toast “To the Queen”, now adding, “And long live the King!”

With heartfelt sadness,

Lee and Richard Fraser"

Lee