Pulled Pork with Dr Pepper Base & bbq sauce

Derek

Banned
Nope I didn't I though I did, it was a drenged peice of meat.

Like I said forgive me I'm still learning.

By the way Sass, you take her for walks?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Nope I didn't I though I did, it was a drenged peice of meat.

Like I said forgive me I'm still learning.

By the way Sass, you take her for walks?

Of course I take her for walks.

Now back to the bone question.. I am confuzzled here.:mellow:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
He must be referring to the gristle.

Didn't you say your ex ate the bone at KFC?

I've seen people eat the gristle off of chicken bones before...never understood it...but I've seen it.

Derek

Banned
He must be referring to the gristle.

Didn't you say your ex ate the bone at KFC?

I've seen people eat the gristle off of chicken bones before...never understood it...but I've seen it.
she did, and so did I.

and I think that's what I ate, Oh well if doesn't kill me I'm all set.

:whistling::bonk::chef:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Oh to Christ with all this circle jerking.

It’s a shoulder roast. There is a damn ball and socket blade bone in there. Ain’t no “gristle” to speak of! Check the pics already. BONE!

Whatever.

Look, nothing personal, and I know you want to fit in Derek, but there are many of us here (and all over the world) that have paid our dues with blood, sweat, and tears. Do NOT mock that with gobbledy gook and double speak posts.

If you REALLY want to learn and come inside, then By God, LEARN. It takes time. I didn’t smoke my first roast perfectly for quite some time. It takes time. Don’t force it. Earn your badge. Slowly.

Being a faker is only going to piss off those that spent the time to get here.

There is NOTHING wrong with being a newbie and learning. Every damn one of was a newbie at one time. Newbies are VERY welcome.

Posers piss off the veterans.

Stop rushing. Let time take it’s course. No one masters anything in a weekend. Fact.

And it’s arguable that anyone EVER masters anything anyway.

You’ll get MORE respect by going slow and learning than by posing and acting like you are the master in a weekend.

If you want to be “shined on” with a gentle nod and cute wink, then keep up what you’re doing.

If you want to be truly respected, then LEARN from what the veterans have done. Have respect for them, LISTEN, and never pretend you mastered something in a weekend that took them years to understand.

We have ALL got horror stories where shit got burned beyond belief, was tough, etc. It’s part of the learning. Slow down if you mean to gain REAL respect. Respect does not happen overnight. Learn patience. Each day can build your rep, or tear it down, your choice.

That’s all I got to say in this thread. Out!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, is this because the bone in the original uncooked meat photo appears to be tbone shaped and the one in the pot appears to be not?

I was wondering about that..
Anyway......

Derek

Banned
Oh to Christ with all this circle jerking.

It’s a shoulder roast. There is a damn ball and socket blade bone in there. Ain’t no “gristle” to speak of! Check the pics already. BONE!

Whatever.

Look, nothing personal, and I know you want to fit in Derek, but there are many of us here (and all over the world) that have paid our dues with blood, sweat, and tears. Do NOT mock that with gobbledy gook and double speak posts.

If you REALLY want to learn and come inside, then By God, LEARN. It takes time. I didn’t smoke my first roast perfectly for quite some time. It takes time. Don’t force it. Earn your badge. Slowly.

Being a faker is only going to piss off those that spent the time to get here.

There is NOTHING wrong with being a newbie and learning. Every damn one of was a newbie at one time. Newbies are VERY welcome.

Posers piss off the veterans.

Stop rushing. Let time take it’s course. No one masters anything in a weekend. Fact.

And it’s arguable that anyone EVER masters anything anyway.

You’ll get MORE respect by going slow and learning than by posing and acting like you are the master in a weekend.

If you want to be “shined on” with a gentle nod and cute wink, then keep up what you’re doing.

If you want to be truly respected, then LEARN from what the veterans have done. Have respect for them, LISTEN, and never pretend you mastered something in a weekend that took them years to understand.

We have ALL got horror stories where shit got burned beyond belief, was tough, etc. It’s part of the learning. Slow down if you mean to gain REAL respect. Respect does not happen overnight. Learn patience. Each day can build your rep, or tear it down, your choice.

That’s all I got to say in this thread. Out!
Hey Kelt, I never said I was a pro or anyone or piss anyone off, I'm still learning and I make do what I have, I can't get a real smoker right now, Maybe next Christmas, or sooner if I play cards right.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Waiting, tapping foot and wondering why the pulling of pork is so important lol

As we wait, may I say this-
We have an annual Fall Fest, street fair.
There is this dude who ALWAYS has his pulled pork sandwich stand there.
My mother asked me to run uptown and get her one and bring it back to her condo.
She demanded I have one too.
I did.
It was awesome.. smoked pulled pork on a kaiser roll, topped with an awesome BBQ sauce, a few pickles..
So ya see folks, Sass DOES fall off the wagon occasionally, but not often. ;)

you had me until you added pickles..lmao

So what do you do to make it tender enough to just pull it and use it for sandwiches and such?

Mine always came out too something to actually bite into for sandwiches.

They were ok, but not tender.. that's the word I am looking for.

bringing up the meat to proper temp will break down the collegen and connective tissue, thats what make a tough roast tender.. if you only take it up to say 180*F then that meat is perfect for slicing and chopping..still good meat to eat but not at its peak..bring it past its plateau and everything gets properly broken down,stays juicy and is at its best...

and the bone will leterally fall out or take very little to dislodge. and will certainly have no meat on it.

i shredded the meat with one of these

BEARPAWS2.jpg

if the temps on the "roast" are not right, these will not work and you will get big pieces of pork like derek has...there is nothing wrong with that roast he had, but it just wont be it its most tenderness..

Derek

Banned
you had me until you added pickles..lmao

bringing up the meat to proper temp will break down the collegen and connective tissue, thats what make a tough roast tender.. if you only take it up to say 180*F then that meat is perfect for slicing and chopping..still good meat to eat but not at its peak..bring it past its plateau and everything gets properly broken down,stays juicy and is at its best...

and the bone will leterally fall out or take very little to dislodge. and will certainly have no meat on it.

i shredded the meat with one of these

BEARPAWS2.jpg

if the temps on the "roast" are not right, these will not work and you will get big pieces of pork like derek has...there is nothing wrong with that roast he had, but it just wont be it its most tenderness..
Hey, Jeff?

Where would I get something like these guys? Freddy cougars locker? Or Wolferine's locker hehe?

By the way how did I do for the first time? I know Kelt, think I was stepping on his toes and I'm not like that I do with what I got you Jeff?