Poll: What time do you eat dinner?

What time do you generally eat dinner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GotGarlic

I'm curious to see what time everyone generally has dinner. I'll post after there have been a few responses :smile:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I grew up eating dinner by 5PM. Now due to the fact that I didn't get home for years till 5PM an now don't close till 6PM I rarely get dinner before 7PM and often as late as 8PM. After 8PM I go without as then I won't sleep the whole night.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
here, as i'm on my own, dinner may be @ 1 in th morning. or 7, evening. whereas breakfast, if i so choose to make breakfast, may well be @ 12 or 2, 5 or 11:30. abiding by time doesn't work too well w/ me.

unless i hafta be @ schooling/work. that's another & seperate entity, though.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I voted for 6 PM but it's really between 5 and 6...most of the time it's closer to 6.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I eat when I am hungry and not by the clock.
Normally I only eat one full meal per day--(rarely do breakfast), and if it's on a day off, I'll eat around 4ish.
No later than 6 if I can help it.

buckytom

Grill Master
i was raised where dinner was 6pm sharp. and you'd better be on time, dressed (no tank tops, or ripped or dirty clothes), and clean.

today, my family eats somewhere between 5 and 6pm on most nights. occasionally later if we're busy or have eaten a late lunch.

gg, when should we be expecting you? :bbq:

SilverSage

Resident Crone
7:00 - sometimes later, never earlier.

One of our dogs needed an insulin shot every 12 hours, and feeding at the same time, so we got in the habit of planning our dinner to coincide.

GotGarlic

BT, if I find my way up there one day, we'll definitely drop by! :wink:

We tend to eat late - around 8 p.m. most nights. I get home from work generally between 5:30 and 6, putz around on the computer or in the garden, have a glass of wine while I watch the news (although with the weather getting nicer, I miss it sometimes (sorry, BT!). So I start making dinner either during or just after the evening news and it takes about 45 minutes to make three dishes for the two of us.

Ronjohn

I voted 7:00, but add me to the "it depends" group.

It depends.....
Did we remember to thaw anything out?
Do we have to be somewhere at some point that night?
Am I stopping on the way home for take out?
Am I picking up stuff at the store to cook as soon as I get home?
Are we just saying "The heck with it" and walking up to one of the places by the house?

:D

K

Kimchee

My parents grew up on rural KS farms, where dinner time was always late to maximize work time... so we rarely ate before 7-8 pm. I tend to continue that tradition.

As a kid it was great! I could wrangle dinner at a friend's house and still be able to eat
at home, too! LOL

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Around 8.

When I get home from work, the gym, picking up my neighbor from the T station, I have a couple of beers, either outside with neighbors, or inside while I check mail and email.

I get dinner together in time to sit in front of primetime TV.

Lee

Reminds me of this thread:
http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10903

Generally, now, I eat when I'm hungry, unless I have a reservation or a date/get-together.

Growing up, it was 6:00 PM on the dot - or else!

When I worked on the Studio lot, it varied. Sometimes, after 7:00 PM, not at all, or on the run. Depended on what I was working on. If I was working a screening on the lot, I could grab something off the catering truck, walk or drive to the Studio commissary, or eat out; but, usually, there wasn't much time -especially when I drove from work to Bev Hills for a screening or worked a Premiere, etc. & didn't get home until after 10:00 PM. I did work some nice parties that included dinner or nibbles at the Magic Castle, etc. - but, it was part of the job & not about the food. Sometimes I'd grab some chafing-food dishes (ick) at a wrap party on the Studio lot. So... not always a set dinner time.

Last edited:

Leni

Usually between 7 and 8 but closer to 7:30 than anything else. I voted 7. The problem is that around here between 5 and 7 is the perfect time to be outside playing in the dirt.