Ordered a Bose Wave Radio Today!!

Shermie

Site Supporter
Ordered THIS today!! I want to try it to see how it is. Heard that it has incredible sound!!!
Bose Wave Radio 2.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I don't have one of those, but I've always wanted one.
If you got a really good price on one, I'd sure like to know where.
They are supposed to have spectacular sound.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I don't have one of those, but I've always wanted one.
If you got a really good price on one, I'd sure like to know where.
They are supposed to have spectacular sound.

Try Ebay. That is where I ordered it from. Amazon wants too much money for it!!!!

Shermie

Site Supporter
This is what I keep on hearing. That it sounds like a big stereo system!!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've heard them before but never owned one. So expensive.
Congrats Shermie. You will love the awesome sound to come out of that thing.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks, guys!!I WILL enjoy it!! :whistling:
Did you get it yet Shermie?
I know you said you ordered it off ebay.
My son Ty recently ordered a retro Marantz stereo off ebay and he's thrilled with it.
I'll try and get a picture.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats!!!!! Amazing sound out of such a small package. I love it.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Bose used to make THIS. Their Acoustic Wave Music System. But I think that it was too bulky, not to mention being too ridiculously expensive, & stuck to just making the smaller radio.
Bose Acoustic Wave Music System..jpg

Reactions: Doc

Shermie

Site Supporter
Also, the bottom ports were just for air handling for the long throw woofers, iirc. A lot of space was moved horizontally and smarter management in the model you got.

They need to think about making a smaller battery-powered unit that you can carry around with you that you can play music with the same stereo sound the size of a smart phone. :whistling:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Ordered THIS on Wednesday from Ebay!! You can only get one used now, because Bose has stopped making them!! But I want one anyway for the living room!!!! Also ordered the remote & manual. You can also get the optional multi-CD player to mount on the bottom, which I plan to do. Amazon sells it forwell over $600.00!! I didnt pay that much for one!!!! :)
Bose Acoustic Wave Music System..jpg

Last edited:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice!!!! I've found a few great deals on things at ebay ...but that was a number of years ago. Glad it's still got some good stuff out there.

Shermie

Site Supporter
The only thing that I hate is when they sell mixers, they are usually frigging without the bowl & beaters!!! If you buy one of these, you have to "run around" to try to find them!! That sucks big time!!!! :mad:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Now I got the CD changer, which is shown on the bottom of the unit!! Makes it look like one whole unit now! :whistling:
Bose System..jpg

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Rock on Shermie.
Those Bose stereos are amazing. A friend had one. It sounded better than my huge component system with big ass speakers. Totally amazing. And saves so much space.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Thanks, guys. Some critics think that Bose might be on their way out because they've stopped making a lot of things. I don't know about that, but lots of music lovers like their music on the go. Some cos. are making equipment on the go. :whistling:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Rock on Shermie.
Those Bose stereos are amazing. A friend had one. It sounded better than my huge component system with big ass speakers. Totally amazing. And saves so much space.

Doc, when Bose was making it, their idea was about having big stereo sound in a compact unit without the hassle of wires & separate units like with stereo components. To put it on a table or in a cabinet & still have big stereo sound with the ingeniusness of the wave sound system, The small Wave radio was given this same idea, but in a smaller package. For years, I've always favored stereo components, still do. :whistling: