Leftover Lo Mein, Easy!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I discovered a great short cut to making some Asian dishes - an Asian Salad Kit! It has shredded cabbage and carrots, a dressing packet, sliced almonds and some crunchy things.

I had some leftover rotisserie chicken, so used that, but will make another batch with a big leftover Ah-So country style spare rib.

So easy and delicious!

Lee

Lo Mein with Leftovers, Easy

Ingredients:

Leftover rotisserie chicken, or leftover pork or beef, cut into bite-sized pieces

3 tbsp oil

12 oz chow mein noodles, (uncooked noodles) or spaghetti

½ yellow onion, chopped

1/2 batch green onions

2 garlic cloves, minced

Bean sprouts, can of water chestnuts, can of bamboo shoots – optional, whatever you have and like!

Lo Mein Sauce

6 tbsp oyster sauce

3 tbsp soy sauce

3 tbsp sesame oil

1/2 cup chicken broth

1 tbsp cornstarch

1 tbsp granulated sugar

Instructions:

In a small mixing bowl, use a whisk to combine oyster sauce, granulated sugar, sesame oil, soy sauce, chicken broth and cornstarch. Set aside.

Cook your noodles according to package instructions then drain, and set aside.

Heat a large wok or pan with olive oil over medium-heat.

Add bag of Asian salad kit, chopped onions and minced garlic and saute for a few minutes until veggies are slightly softened and the cabbage is a bit translucent.

Add meat and noodles back into the pan. Pour sauce over the top and continue cooking all the ingredients together for another 2 minutes.

Serve the noodles straight from the pan and piping hot.

Garnish your lo mein with chopped green onions, and packet of crunchy things from salad kit

Chow mein.JPG

Chicken chow mein.JPG

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I love the Asian salad kits. You probably have some of the salad mix left, so here's something else you might want to try.
Pot sticker soup - make your favorite hot and sour soup base, add some frozen pot stickers and cook until done, add some of the Asian salad mix. I like the salad mix to be kind of crunchy, so I add it at the last minute.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I love the Asian salad kits. You probably have some of the salad mix left, so here's something else you might want to try.
Pot sticker soup - make your favorite hot and sour soup base, add some frozen pot stickers and cook until done, add some of the Asian salad mix. I like the salad mix to be kind of crunchy, so I add it at the last minute.

That's a great idea, Cooksie! I am planning wonton soup for Saturday night, and usually put some bok choy in there. But I might take your suggestion, if I buy another bag of Asian salad ( I used all of it in my lo mein).

Lee

Shermie

Site Supporter
I discovered a great short cut to making some Asian dishes - an Asian Salad Kit! It has shredded cabbage and carrots, a dressing packet, sliced almonds and some crunchy things.

I had some leftover rotisserie chicken, so used that, but will make another batch with a big leftover Ah-So country style spare rib.

So easy and delicious!

Lee

Lo Mein with Leftovers, Easy

Ingredients:

Leftover rotisserie chicken, or leftover pork or beef, cut into bite-sized pieces

3 tbsp oil

12 oz chow mein noodles, (uncooked noodles) or spaghetti

½ yellow onion, chopped

1/2 batch green onions

2 garlic cloves, minced

Bean sprouts, can of water chestnuts, can of bamboo shoots – optional, whatever you have and like!

Lo Mein Sauce

6 tbsp oyster sauce

3 tbsp soy sauce

3 tbsp sesame oil

1/2 cup chicken broth

1 tbsp cornstarch

1 tbsp granulated sugar

Instructions:

In a small mixing bowl, use a whisk to combine oyster sauce, granulated sugar, sesame oil, soy sauce, chicken broth and cornstarch. Set aside.

Cook your noodles according to package instructions then drain, and set aside.

Heat a large wok or pan with olive oil over medium-heat.

Add bag of Asian salad kit, chopped onions and minced garlic and saute for a few minutes until veggies are slightly softened and the cabbage is a bit translucent.

Add meat and noodles back into the pan. Pour sauce over the top and continue cooking all the ingredients together for another 2 minutes.

Serve the noodles straight from the pan and piping hot.

Garnish your lo mein with chopped green onions, and packet of crunchy things from salad kit

View attachment 45686

View attachment 45687
Dag, that looks DELISH!!!! :whistling:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This is so easy and so good. Used leftover rotiss chick again. You might think the sauce is too salty, until you mix it with everything else.

Topped with the crunchy things in the Asian salad kit, green onions, and bean sprouts. Served with warm sake.

Delicious!

Lee

noodles.jpeg

noodles in wok.jpeg

noodles, plated.jpeg