Karma comes back to get even with former Landlord!!!!

Shermie

Site Supporter
Last week, I just found out that a former landlord has died from cancer. This guy, at first, was very nice to me & the guy who lived downstairs on the 3rd floor. But as soon as he found out that he had a buyer for the building, he had changed & he became a jerk, a monster!! He was trying to throw us out without going to court first!! In Massachusetts, if a landlord wants to evict a tenant for whatever reason, he or she MUST go to court first.

He began to dig up so-called dirt on us. Then came the name-calling, then he turned off the power at night & in the morning!! He did everything to try to make us miserable!! Up to & including lying on us to try to blackball us from getting another apartment!!!! We eventually went to court, but only because he was selling the building, not for anything else. He did all that crap to try to get us to move out. He even wanted us to move out onto the streets!!
In the end, it was Karma that came back to get him!! You don't cause drama & trouble to someone who has paid you rent for 13 years!!! So I say too bad for him!! Good luck to him & the Red Sox!!!! I don't even feel sorry for him at all!!! It also opened up my eyes to never trust a private landlord ever again!!! :cry: :(

Shermie

Site Supporter
I've gotten over it. I just felt that what he did to us was totally not even called for. I'm happy where I am. I just won't ever go back to renting an apartment from a private landlord again. They are all no good.