Johnny West

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Please keep him in your prayers.
He's having hip surgery tomorrow and could use some good thoughts.
Thank you.

Reactions: Doc

Johnny West

Thanks for all prayers and good thoughts. Everyday I get a bit better and almost pain free except for the surgery site. I can walk fine but still use the walker just to be safe. Tomorrow I have my second PT session and will see how that goes before switching to a cane. Cheers to all.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Johnny, great to see you posting man. Good luck with the PT, it most likely will be painful but necessary. Best wishes for getting to that cane tomorrow.

Johnny West

Actually the cane ambulating went well. I had a great workout and the PT couldn’t believe my progress for having had surgery 1.5 weeks ago. I do my exercises at home religiously and she could tell. I did nap for an hour after getting home.

Johnny West

I don’t know about thrilled but am happy with my progress. I tried to do as much for myself as I can. This can’t be over soon enough. Thanks for your well wishes.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Last night was my best night‘s sleep in I can’t remember when. I was able to sleep in my back pain free for most of the night and no more oxy.
Wonderful! Getting off the oxy is huge!

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Actually the cane ambulating went well. I had a great workout and the PT couldn’t believe my progress for having had surgery 1.5 weeks ago. I do my exercises at home religiously and she could tell. I did nap for an hour after getting home.
I'm glad you're progressing better than expected. I hope that it continues to go the same way.

I don't know if I'm having an incorrect deja vu moment or not. I *think* I remember you having some kind of similar surgery a good while back, maybe it was the other hip or a knee possibly. That may be totally incorrect though.

Anyway, I this one continues to go well for you.

Johnny West

Yes, I had both knees replaced.

Today went great and PT still can’t get over how well I’m doing.

After PT we went to Metropolitan Market to get some things for Sunday dinner. I had to use the WC and pushed a shopping cart to the far end of the store and back to the car with no pain or problems.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Yes, I had both knees replaced.

Today went great and PT still can’t get over how well I’m doing.

After PT we went to Metropolitan Market to get some things for Sunday dinner. I had to use the WC and pushed a shopping cart to the far end of the store and back to the car with no pain or problems.
Good to know that I'm not totally crazy yet :). You've been through the wringer. Sounds like you're doing really good :thumbup:.

Johnny West

I can pretty much walk everywhere with a cane but feel safer having the walker handy. I have a pain in my hitch but is tolerable.

Johnny West

I saw the doctor yesterday and he gave me the ok to do what I want.
I need to build up my strength, join a gym, walk more, etc.
I’ll still see the PT once a week and am easing into machines.
thanks to all for the well wishes.. JW

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Great news! Tell us: is your hip less sore right now than it was before the surgery?

Lee