Hello from Los Angeles

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Harold!
Welcome to Net Cooking Talk. I'm glad you found us. There are a lot of good cooks here but I'm not one of them. I'm sure you will learn a few tricks and have some fun along the way. Enjoy and post often.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Hi..
I am Harold Sumrall from Los Angeles. I'm not good in cooking but I really love cooking.
I hope I learn a lot of here from forum community.

Thanks
Welcome.
I'm from Northern Ohio.
I used to live further south in the same state, but moved further North to be near my sons and Grandchildren.
I love to cook and have been doing it since I was 11 years old, when my Grandmother and Mother would allow me.
In school, I had 7 years of home economics class, which also helped.
I've also lived in England, West Yorkshire -for years while married to my late husband.
I've been back "home" in the United States since 2003.
I've been a licensed practical nurse (enrolled Nurse EN while across the pond) for 44 years.
I'm partially retired, but still work now and then prn because I love it.

Hopefully you can tell us more about yourself.

Last edited:

Harold

Welcome.
I'm from Northern Ohio.
I used to live further south in the same state, but moved further North to be near my sons and Grandchildren.
I love to cook and have been doing it since I was 11 years old, when my Grandmother and Mother would allow me.
In school, I had 7 years of home economics class, which also helped.
I've also lived in England, West Yorkshire -for years while married to my late husband.
I've been back "home" in the United States since 2003.
I've been a licensed practical nurse (enrolled Nurse EN while across the pond) for 44 years.
I'm partially retired, but still work now and then prn because I love it.

Hopefully you can tell us more about yourself.
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm Harold, originally from the hustle and bustle of Los Angeles. Unlike you, I haven't ventured too far geographically, but my taste buds love to travel the world through food! I've always been passionate about cooking but never had the chance to delve deep until recently.

Just like you, I have a deep respect for those who taught me the basics. My grandma used to whip up the most amazing meals and I'd spend hours by her side in the kitchen, soaking it all in. While I never had formal home economics classes, I consider countless burnt cookies and questionable casserole experiments as my own culinary bootcamp! ;)

These days, I'm trying to expand my repertoire beyond the usual LA fare and explore new cuisines. Maybe you can point me towards some hidden gems of Northern Ohio cooking? On the flip side, I'd love to share some of my favorite West Coast dishes (with a healthier twist, of course!).

Speaking of healthy, I'm also a big gardening enthusiast. There's something incredibly satisfying about nurturing something from seed to plate. It makes cooking with fresh, homegrown ingredients even more special.

I'm excited to be part of this community and learn from all the experienced cooks here. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm Harold, originally from the hustle and bustle of Los Angeles. Unlike you, I haven't ventured too far geographically, but my taste buds love to travel the world through food! I've always been passionate about cooking but never had the chance to delve deep until recently.

Just like you, I have a deep respect for those who taught me the basics. My grandma used to whip up the most amazing meals and I'd spend hours by her side in the kitchen, soaking it all in. While I never had formal home economics classes, I consider countless burnt cookies and questionable casserole experiments as my own culinary bootcamp! ;)

These days, I'm trying to expand my repertoire beyond the usual LA fare and explore new cuisines. Maybe you can point me towards some hidden gems of Northern Ohio cooking? On the flip side, I'd love to share some of my favorite West Coast dishes (with a healthier twist, of course!).

Speaking of healthy, I'm also a big gardening enthusiast. There's something incredibly satisfying about nurturing something from seed to plate. It makes cooking with fresh, homegrown ingredients even more special.

I'm excited to be part of this community and learn from all the experienced cooks here. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Great post, Harold, thank you!

Lee