GUYS Entries in the Outdoor Cooking/Grilling/Smoking Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Did "beercan" Cornish Hen last night. Cornish Hens are smaller than a chicken (ya' think?) so they require a smaller can. :biggrin:

Attachments

• CH1.jpg
    CH1.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 186
  • ch2.jpg
    ch2.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 191
  • ch3.jpg
    ch3.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 186
  • ch4.JPG
    ch4.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 181
  • ch5.jpg
    ch5.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 177

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Keltin, you are an outdoor cooking HERO!!!!

Just beautiful stuff!!!

Lee

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Great looking food! We are an alcohol free home...long story...I wonder if I can use a can of pineapple juice instead of beer?

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Great looking food! We are an alcohol free home...long story...I wonder if I can use a can of pineapple juice instead of beer?

Pineapple, chicken broth, lemon juice, apple juice, water with herbs, virtually any liquid that imparts a flavor you'd like in your chicken!

buckytom

Grill Master
ok, mama's been kickin' butt and taking names for the ladies, so i got some pics of our grilled dinner tonight.

chicken breasts, balsamic marinated filets mignon, and peaches.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
We bought a 4 lb bag of frozen chicken wings the other day for 5.99 which equates to 1.50 per pound. These are absolutely the biggest chicken wings I have ever seen. :w00t:

They come in a large re-sealable bag, and we just pull 9-10 out and drop them in a salt water brine to defrost, then cook as desired. Naturally, these were grilled and served with Buffalo Sauce which is 1 part Frank's Hot Sauce plus 1 part melted butter.

Attachments

• wing1.jpg
    wing1.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 133
  • wing2.jpg
    wing2.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 132
  • wing3.jpg
    wing3.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 134
  • wing4.jpg
    wing4.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 130
  • wing5.jpg
    wing5.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 136

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Grilled Pork Roast with Grilled Corn on the Cob.

Attachments

• roast1.JPG
    roast1.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 125
  • roast2.JPG
    roast2.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 126
  • roast3.JPG
    roast3.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 122
  • roast4.JPG
    roast4.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 125
  • roast5.JPG
    roast5.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 127

buckytom

Grill Master
looks juicy, keltin! :a1:

lol, it's a good thing that roast was "roast flavor". what flavour was the corn? :D

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Yum, Keltin! I've cooked a couple of those small pork roasts in the oven, same brand, different flavor. We really like them. I bet they're to die for on the grill :thumb:.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
looks juicy, keltin! :a1:

lol, it's a good thing that roast was "roast flavor". what flavour was the corn? :D

Yeah, I was looking filet flavor, but they were fresh out. :yum:

That is truly an odd name for a "flavor". They have others such as Garlic and Herb, Teriyaki, etc. Those little roasts are cheap, 4.99 here for the whole thing. And they grill up perfectly. If you can find them, give them a shot. Very tender, juicy, and flavorful.

Just don't get the opossum flavored ones! :yum::yum::yum:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Yum, Keltin! I've cooked a couple of those small pork roasts in the oven, same brand, different flavor. We really like them. I bet they're to die for on the grill :thumb:.

They are incredible on the grill! About 35 minutes total cook time, flip it twice during the cook, and you're good to go. I used Royal Oak charcoal for this.....notice the nice smoke ring that little roast picked up!

Status
Not open for further replies.