Garlic-Roasted Kohlrabi

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've never cooked or even eaten kohlrabi before, but I will do both a lot more now! This is easy and we loved it!

Lee

Garlic-Roasted Kohlrabi

Ingredients

• 4 kohlrabi bulbs, peeled
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese •
Instructions

Step 1
Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).

• Step 2 Cut the kohlrabi into 1/4 inch thick slices, then cut each of the slices in half. Combine olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Toss kohlrabi slices in the olive oil mixture to coat. Spread kohlrabi in a single layer on a baking sheet.

• Step 3 Bake in the preheated oven until browned, 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally in order to brown evenly. Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Return to the oven to allow the Parmesan cheese to brown, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
pork.JPG

LastManStanding

This is new to me. This vegetable is very common in Sri Lanka, but we never bake it. People fry it in coconut oil, or make a curry with coconut cream. I must try this one. Thanks Lee, for sharing.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
That looks good, Lee. I used to have kohlrabi as a kid, but haven't had it since. I don't know why - I used to cook it. Gonna have to look for it again.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That looks good, Lee. I used to have kohlrabi as a kid, but haven't had it since. I don't know why - I used to cook it. Gonna have to look for it again.

Great! When you do, please post your recipes, Kathy!

Lee