Gold Site Supporter
Flat-Iron Steak

For the Marinade

2 ½ tablespoons olive oil

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley

¼ teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary

½ teaspoon chopped fresh chives

¼ cup Cabernet Sauvignon (or other dry red wine)

½ teaspoon salt

¾ teaspoon ground black pepper

¼ teaspoon dry mustard powder

Step 1
Place the steak inside of a large resealable bag. In a small bowl, stir together the olive oil, garlic, parsley, rosemary, chives, red wine, salt, pepper and mustard powder. Pour over the steak in the bag. Press out as much air as you can and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.

Step 2
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sear and cook the steak in the hot skillet for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium rare, or to your desired degree of doneness. Discard the marinade. Allow the steaks to rest for about 5 minutes before serving.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Steak, Flat Iron 4-18-22.JPG

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Isn't flat-iron steak wonderful, LT!

The marinade sounds delicious!

Lee

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Flat-Iron Steak

For the Marinade

2 ½ tablespoons olive oil

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley

¼ teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary

½ teaspoon chopped fresh chives

¼ cup Cabernet Sauvignon (or other dry red wine)

½ teaspoon salt

¾ teaspoon ground black pepper

¼ teaspoon dry mustard powder

Step 1
Place the steak inside of a large resealable bag. In a small bowl, stir together the olive oil, garlic, parsley, rosemary, chives, red wine, salt, pepper and mustard powder. Pour over the steak in the bag. Press out as much air as you can and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.

Step 2
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sear and cook the steak in the hot skillet for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium rare, or to your desired degree of doneness. Discard the marinade. Allow the steaks to rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
I’ve never cooked a flat iron steak before, this looks and sounds wonderful! I think I’ll try it 😊