Eliminating Counter Top Spice Rack

Dogboa

We've been wanting to get a toaster oven or similar, but didn't have the counter space. Karen came up with a great DIY version for spice jars.
This cleared enough space for a toaster oven and then some.
wink.gif
angel.gif

Attachments

• Dogboa spices 1.jpg
    Dogboa spices 1.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 1,019
  • Dogboa spices 2.jpg
    Dogboa spices 2.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 1,017
Last edited by a moderator:

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Interesting aside = Magnets will not stick to the front of my new fridge, they will stick to the side.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Is it textured? We had the same thing happen with a dishtowel/potholder rack in a house we rented for a short time. Thought the thing was useless until we moved into this house and tried it on our fridge. You can hardly pull the rack off the fridge, have to slide it off the edge.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
We've been wanting to get a toaster oven or similar, but didn't have the counter space. Karen came up with a great DIY version for spice jars.

tcC34hoJyGX1XRHwGiyOfhMd3swoJN6NOZgaXYpvrBopX92IB

vnBl2AiICiC5FM_lIUHpZcGx-GA0h_zyWFxBJaStXewpX92IB

This cleared enough space for a toaster oven and then some.
wink.gif
angel.gif
I can't see any pictures.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That's fantastic!

I take it that they don't slide or fall off when you open the door?

Lee

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Like Andy magnets don't stick to the front of my new fridge. Must have been invented by a fridge clutter hater.

Johnny West

When we had the cabinets designed we planned for a spice cabinet beside the stove - it has three Lazy Susan's and is sure handy.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
When we had the cabinets designed we planned for a spice cabinet beside the stove - it has three Lazy Susan's and is sure handy.

Please post a photo when you can, John.

I have dedicated two whole cabinets to spices, herbs and condiments and am always rummaging, muttering and swearing, trying to find what I want. :mad:

Lee

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
when it was time for a new fridge I secretly brought along a magnet to ensure nothing would stick to the door.....

Johnny West

Please post a photo when you can, John.

I have dedicated two whole cabinets to spices, herbs and condiments and am always rummaging, muttering and swearing, trying to find what I want. :mad:

Lee

The cabinets are locally sourced (rustic alder) alder from WA and OR and made by a company in Vancouver, WA.

Our refrigerator is stainless of the front so no magnets, they all go on the side.:thumb:

Attachments

• #Spice I.jpg
    #Spice I.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,058
  • #Spice II.jpg
    #Spice II.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 1,039

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
OMG how beautiful and neat, John!

If I think of it, I'll post a photo of my mess for comparison! LOL!

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My stove is to the immediate left.

I might be able to adapt mine to John's system.

Lee

Attachments

• Spice cabinets.JPG
    Spice cabinets.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 1,035

Johnny West

We have another cabinet with two shelves dedicated to olive oil and vinegars... then there are the cookbooks.