Egg Bites

SilverSage

Resident Crone
A few years ago, Starbucks started the egg bites craze. Now you can get them lots of places for a quick breakfast. You can even buy them frozen at Costco etc.

I’ve never been impressed, but I love the idea of them for a quick grab and go breakfast. So this weekend I made my own.

Spinach, mushrooms, onions, Swiss, eggs and half and half. Sous vide them for 20 minutes then browned them briefly under the broiler. To reheat, 25 seconds in the microwave. My recipe is 120 calories apiece and with a slice of toast makes a quick breakfast before work.
FA119642-0390-4A62-8F39-B318D9A23530.jpeg

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
if there is anything I'd never second glance for 'fast & easy' it is an egg dish/concoction....
egg preps don't freeze well or travel well.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
if there is anything I'd never second glance for 'fast & easy' it is an egg dish/concoction....
egg preps don't freeze well or travel well.
C-man, don’t judge it before you try it. It’s like a crustless mini quiche, not dippy eggs. Quiche usually is made in advance and allowed to cool - it doesn’t hold up well hot out of the oven. Quiche is basically a custard.

It’s an easy grab for someone who has to get to work in morning. And I’ve never tried to freeze them. I only make a dozen, and keep them in the fridge to warm up in the morning.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
home-made may be satisfactory - but fast food / packaged convenience stuff rarely rarely works out - they have to use 'stuff' for shelf life, stability, etc -

how long does a dozen last using your routine?