Dessert ideas for cheese fondue dinner

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Next month, I've been invited to visit a friend who makes a spectacular cheese fondue.

I will bring a bottle of wine, but would also like to bring dessert. I believe he doesn't much care for anything terribly sweet.

Any suggestions? Something pumpkin?

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hmmmm. Well. Sass, as much as I would adore a pumpkin cheesecake, I don't think we'd be able to handle more cheesy deliciousness.

And Cooksie, I'm going to bring apples and pears to dunk in the cheese fondue. What other fruits go with cheese? Dates?

So, now I'm thinking maybe dessert is not a good idea.

How about suggestions for breakfasts that I can bring?

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter
So you're spending the night :brows:.
I hate dates. I think they're one of those love or hate thing. Unless you're sure that he likes them, I'd say nix the dates.
Breakfast casserole is always good. Men usually like that.

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Go to a high end bakery Lee and get some spicy type little cookies. I'm sure you can find some containing cinnamon and nutmeg. You could use those to make your own little dessert board with bits of fresh fruits too.
Or for breakfast, I'm sure the same type of place would have slices of breakfast quiche, etc...

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Cheese fondue is very rich, and most pumpkin deserts are loaded with either cream or cheese or both. Do you want to make something or buy it?

I would think about something bite sized and bittersweet chocolate. Orange and chocolate would be a great finish to a fondue. How about orange slices dipped in dark chocolate? You could make or buy.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
If you decide on breakfast and he likes spice, I recently made a hatch chile and other veges plus cheese breakfast strata that you put together the day before and refrigerate overnight, then just pop in the oven. Craig loved it! And it didn't even have meat in it, though I'll probably brown up some breakfast sausage and add next time.

I will say though that a place we go to eat sometimes, The Melting Pot, has a 4 course dinner of which 3 are fondue. A cheese fondue for first, salad, oil or some kind of broth based main, and a chocolate for dessert.