Deal of the Day

AllenOK

Doc, I don't know if this is still germane, or even if it classifies as a "deal".

Earlier this year, I bought a propane-fired deep-fryer rig from Wally World. Cost me $40 for the burner, regulator, and the pot with strainer basket. Since I don't have anything that uses a propane tank, I had to get a tank. That was $50, and I can swap it for a new one for only $20. Then, there's the oil. I have to use at least one gallon of oil, that's about $8.

$118 for a fryer? Is that really a deal? You be the judge. I have a separate heat source not associated with my natural gas service. I can fry, boil/steam, or pull out my wok and stir-fry. I have 5 kids to feed, plus my other half.

I can fry up 8 lbs of chicken legs in two batches, takes about 40 minutes. The only drawback is temperature regulation. It has a thermometer on it, but you have to manually adjust the heat. I've goofed and gotten the oil to hot.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sure, that's a deal. Anything you can find that is a good deal should be shared here. Never know who might be in the market for the one of whatever you post about.
Thanks Allen. :thumb:

Love the shirt Left. :yum:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Does anyone on your list want a Keurig coffee maker? :biggrin: I do, I do! :biggrin:

Kohl's had one on sale for $119, had a 25% off coupon, and got a $10 off card on next purchase - cost me about $89. Love it, it has a reservoir, different serve sizes, etc. I'm probably not going to like buying the K-cups (or adding to the landfill), but dang they're so convenient.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Those are very nice cooksie, a couple members on FF both have them and love them.

Ian M.

You know, I'm beginning to feel like I must be some kind of dink because of the way I deep fry both fritters and French fries at home - Just have an old beat up pan that my Mum gave me a long time ago which I fill with enough oil to decently cover whatever I'm frying and then manually regulate the heat beneath it as I fry things up. Total simplicity and that pan was free to me and does a decent job of deep frying. I suppose having to drain off that used oil and save it for "next time" is probably something no self-respecting chef would ever do but then, who's self-respecting in this house? Not me when it comes to the "dinky" way to do the job! Oh and did I mention that my boss at work turns really pale when I mention how I deep fry at home? That's right after he turns pea-green!

Ian :chef:

Ian M.

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar! Thank you for the distinction - Nope, I don't qualify any longer do I? We do, or will before long, qualify for the dual income portion of that definition but we do, indeed, not qualify for the "no kids" part. So me and Mum's pan will continue our dastardly ways of frying things in "deep oil" in a container that's older than I am!

Ian :biggrin:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Those are very nice cooksie, a couple members on FF both have them and love them.

Thanks! I went over there and read, and now I know where to get a good deal on the K-cups.....Sam's here I come.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
If you're a Sam's shopper, you'll be getting a booklet of coupons. There are some pretty good deals in there...$6 off a 2 pack of Zyrtec, $2 off a 4 pack of toothpaste, $2 off a 48 pack of AA batteries, $6 off 184 pack of diapers, $3.50 off a bag of Kingsford Charcoal, etc.

While I was reading it, I noticed that you don't have to clip the coupon, which is great for me because I never remember to clip it or I forget to dig it out. The specials are already loaded onto your card.

And then **Ding** it hit me. They did that because some of them are such great deals that they don't want you to go scrounge up another coupon and come back the next day for more. Even with the limits, they're still pretty good deals :thumb:.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Cooksie! I need to get some more toothpaste we're getting low.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Didn't really need them but wanted them, pretty good deal too - $15 for 4 at Sam's, microwave and oven safe, nice and heavy, bigger than normal bowls - Probably going to do French Onion Soup first :readytoeat:

lilbopeep

Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Didn't really need them but wanted them, pretty good deal too - $15 for 4 at Sam's, microwave and oven safe, nice and heavy, bigger than normal bowls - Probably going to do French Onion Soup first :readytoeat:

Very nice!! BUT are they broiler proof? French onion finishes under flame.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Very nice!! BUT are they broiler proof? French onion finishes under flame.

No flame here :biggrin:. The box says they are oven safe up to 400. When I select convection/broil on my oven, it automatically sets to 450. I have the option to adjust down to 400 or whatever. I think the cheese will still melt and brown up at 400, but I've been wrong before.

I was wrong about that stupid green pan. Mine is no longer non-stick :(.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Lucky Trim made me want an air fryer. I was at Sam's yesterday, and they were handing out flyers for their one day only sale for Saturday. They're advertising a Ninja multi cooker - air fryer, pressure cooker, slow cooker, steamer - for $129. If I can fight the crowd, I might just have to get this one.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm not sure if this qualifies for Deal of the Day, but I sure do like them.

Small, tactical flashlights from Amazon, 2 pack, price range is $10 to $13

I ordered some on Black Friday last year and got a really good deal. Since then I have ordered 2 more 2 packs, all different brands...just went with lowest price for each order.

I have them spread out around my house, one in my car, and one in my purse. I love them. They're bright and so small that they can be tucked in a hoodie or jeans pocket.

I'm supposed to get my 4th 2 pack today, which are going to be giveaways.

With Father's Day coming up, these might be great, inexpensive gifts for you to give your grandkids/kids to give their father.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I just bought an Eufy robot vac on Amazon. Regular price is $240 but now is $90 off. I won't know if it's truly a great deal until I receive it and try it out. Reviews that I read said that this is the best budget buy.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Just an update...this vac ran for 90 minutes before looking for its way back to the charger. It's slimmer than my other one, so it didn't get stuck anywhere, unlike the other one that got stuck in two places. I love it!