Country Ribs, Boneless

Johnny West

On the grill with cherry wood for smoke, at my son’s house.
I dusted the ribs with Memphis Rub and just added G. Hughes
Sugar Free Hickory Sauce at the table. Nancy made the sides
of macaroni salad and a black bean salad. She makes the mac
salad from memory the way her grandmother and mother made
it and it’s always good but never the same. The black bean salad
came off the net - Cooking Kate recipe. Nancy made a French
Apple Pie for dessert but neglected to get a picture.

today was the local garden tour and my daughter in law
and son’s front yard is covered with flowers and raised
veg beds. It pushed mid 90’s but in the shade of the
back yard it was not to uncomfortable.

15724678-F48A-4528-9EF6-F47B734146DF.jpegD22CCDEC-70EE-406B-A512-D219C248AE99.jpeg7AAD024D-7E64-4BE9-993E-CB47158B9181.jpegE6CA71D9-CA70-4B0A-B9BE-44838CD4F27E.jpeg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
On the grill with cherry wood for smoke, at my son’s house.
I dusted the ribs with Memphis Rub and just added G. Hughes
Sugar Free Hickory Sauce at the table. Nancy made the sides
of macaroni salad and a black bean salad. She makes the mac
salad from memory the way her grandmother and mother made
it and it’s always good but never the same. The black bean salad
came off the net - Cooking Kate recipe. Nancy made a French
Apple Pie for dessert but neglected to get a picture.

today was the local garden tour and my daughter in law
and son’s front yard is covered with flowers and raised
veg beds. It pushed mid 90’s but in the shade of the
back yard it was not to uncomfortable.

View attachment 50900View attachment 50901View attachment 50902View attachment 50903

Wow, those are fantastic photos, John! The first one, of you cooking in that t-shirt, with that cool shack in the background - great!

Lee

Johnny West

Wow, those are fantastic photos, John! The first one, of you cooking in that t-shirt, with that cool shack in the background - great!

Lee
Thank you. The shack is original to the house and was a topic of discussion. No one is allowed to go in it as it is so rotten and insurance company would not insure it, of course. My son has security cameras and one night a homeless guy moved into it, spent the night then stole their good yard wagon on his way out. He never came back. They are working on having their house gutted and rebuilt to modern specs and will have the shed torn out. They will have a small house built in the back to live in while their house is remodeled. After the house is done the little house will become my son’s office. She is a lot older than him and may retire in a few years but just got a huge promotion. Seattle is in King County and she is now head of HR for for King County Transportation. They both work from home but they do go in to work several days a week when the need to. My son is a computer engineer for a company that does encryption. He is one of the original employees and that’s all I can say about that. I can say they both do well… and am proud of my three son’s.

oh, John has the original deed to the property and on it it stated the house had to be a certain distance to the street and could not be a lean-to. LOL

Johnny West

Tonight ribs had bones. I grilled them with to much charcoal, plum, and pear wood for smoke. They are sauced and in the Dutch Oven at present. The temp is over 500° so they shouldn’t take long.

3B7FB1CD-69B9-4950-A8F5-437F6810A280.jpeg2A04919A-3776-45FD-BAB6-9ABF80045E84.jpegB6401413-8AB3-40F1-BDAD-E08692F4F08B.jpeg