1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
2-1/2 cups uncooked, dry penne pasta
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
1/2 cup half and half
1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 (5 oz.) bag fresh spinach
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Preparation:

Heat 2 T. oil in large skillet, add chicken and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. When done remove to plate and keep warm.

Add rest of olive oil and add onions. Cook til soft and add garlic. Add broth, tomatoes, pasta, crushed red pepper and salt and pepper. Add chicken and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer til pasta is done to your liking.

Stir in half and half and Mozzarella and stir til cheese is melted. Remove from heat and add spinach. Stir. The heat from the pan will wilt the spinach.

Top with the Parm and serve.

Attachments

• 102_4060 (800x600).jpg
    102_4060 (800x600).jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 618

Shermie

Site Supporter
Dag, that looks DELISH!!

I want to try that someday soo!

It reminds me of three other famous Italian dishes; Carbonara, Chick ziti Alfredo & Chicken Ziti with Broccoli!! :bonk: :bbq: :piesmiley1: :eating2:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
This has popped up seveal times on your menu lately, so now I must give it a try. Looks delicious and I love that it's a one skillet meal :brows:.

homecook

Thanks!

My son loves this and asks me all the time to make it. lol I don't mind with it being all in one skillet, easy, peasy.....

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ooooo what a great-looking dish, you guys!

Nice job(s)!

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Great job, Adillo!

This is quickly becoming the Dish of the Month! I've still got to get some spinach and fire roasted tomatoes.

homecook

Cooksie, I've even made this using kale and canned regular diced tomatoes. It still comes out good. I just added a little more crushed red pepper.

CM, I'm glad you guys liked it, you're welcome!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Sometimes it takes me a while, but I usually get around to it. Glad I did too. It's a keeper :readytoeat:. I didn't have any, but I was sure wishing for a piece of garlic toast to dip in that sauce.

2fc02324-b26b-4e0c-b269-098b15f07775.jpg

homecook

Happy you finally got to make it and liked it!!

I've been working on the same basic concept with some different ingredients.......

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I can see subbing crumbled, browned Italian sausage for the chicken. The cooking process would be a little different, but that sounds really good to me.

Let us know what you come up with.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Did this again, love it:

Chicken%20Spinach%20Skillet_1.jpg

This recipe makes a whole bunch :), and it's kind of hard to cut it in half because you'd have 1/2 a can of fire roasted tomatoes left, which are a key ingredient IMO. I've decided next time I make it, I'm just going to make the sauce and freeze it in pint containers. I'll have to reduce the amt of chicken stock since the pasta won't be cooked in the sauce. When I get ready to eat some, I'll just defrost the sauce, cook some penne or bowties, and have an easy dinner. I'm also going to try subbing Italian sausage for the chicken one of these times.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I did another version of this last night. I subbed mushrooms for the chicken and made a meatless version. This sauce is great!